Light lunch ideas

Options
wendalyse
wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
Okay, I have to tell you that when I take these things for lunch, my co-workers all think they're gross. Nobody has ever tried either of them but I can tell you that they are very tasty.

Spaghetti squash ( really, as much as you want because they have so few calories) with 1/2 cup pasta sauce (I like Hunts which is 80 cal for a half cup), and 1/2 cup 1%cottage cheese. Sometimes I add some parmesan cheese. Nuked.

Chopped tomato and 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Nuked. The cottage cheese separates so it's liquidy with lumps of tomato and cheese. I agree, it even sounds a bit yucky as I describe it, but I really like it and it's easy on those days that I don't do a lot of prep for lunch.

Replies

• ozonenrhia1
    Options
    Tuna with light mayo, mustard and pickle rolled in lettuce:)
  • Dominantia
    Options
    whole wheat roll with seeds with salmon or turkey breast + veggies, or a regular sandwich with something you like inside :)
  • choppersmom
    choppersmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ty you these are very good ideas. I will try them.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like prawns with slices of mango in a salad with lots of chillies :-)
  • Jason67o48
    Options
    Greek yogurt / ground flax seed / diced strawberry / shredded coconut

ryvita cracker / cheese / hummus / ham or turkey / tomato slice

diced almond / spinach / your fav vinagerette / cucumber / cilantro / salt-pepper / light parmesan
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Salsa and oatcakes or crackers, but be careful on which crackers you get!
  • throttle2009
    Options
    I have tried the small tins of tuna (clover leaf) that come in different flavors such as dill and lemon or spicy thai, Spread between 2 wasa crackers. Extremely quick to make if your on the go....
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you consider light, but I am having a Grilled New England Bake for lunch today. It consists of 4 oz cod, 2 oz medium shrimp, 1/2 ear of corn (halved), 2 oz of red potatoes (sliced thin) and 1/2 tbsn of butter mixed with dill. Put it in an aluminum foil pouch that is sealed and grill it over medium for about 15 minutes (rotating every few minutes until done, don't flip). Came out to 320 calories for me (having it with out bread today, but normally I add bread for another 100 calories). It is really, really good.
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Tuna -- either on a sandwich or crackers
    Baby Carrots with some Ranch dressing
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges with Triscuits
    Salad with Grilled Chicken and light dressing

Just a couple of my favorites :smile:
  • BarbraP44
    BarbraP44 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried solid white albacore tuna (packed in water) with 1 tablespoon light mayo, tossing in about 3/4 cup shredded lettuce? Slice an apple and use as you would crackers. Bite of tuna salad with a bite of the apple.. to me.. is delish!
  • adeleinex
    adeleinex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with tomatoes, cucumber, and feta (olives if you like them... I don't), with lemon juice drizzled over it. SUPER yummy!
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    bump!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am planning on lowfat chicken salad w/ whole grain crackers...I'm on a chicken salad kick lately.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    homemade chicken salad using non fat yogurt instead of mayo. Add some fresh rosemary and dried cranberries
  • wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    Something I tried today and found that I enjoyed a lot, a portobello "burger." Grilled portobello cap with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and liquid smoke for seasoning. Use in place of a hamburger patty in a "burger".
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yum thanks for the idea! I will switch my mayo for yogurt!
  • mishgetshealthy
    Options
    I like to microwave a packet of oatmeal, add 1tbs pumpkin (for fiber), a dash of cinnamon and a sprinkle of raisins or Craisins - sometimes a sweetener packet depending on the flavor of the oatmeal. Its low on calories and really filling!

And I love heated cottage cheese and tomatoes! Back when I did weight watchers, I loved this recipe where we'd mix that with some mozzarella cheese in a tortilla and microwave. To this day, we still call them weight watcher burritos!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salad, yummyy
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    Use the "Search" feature for (35 Quick Low-Calorie Lunches). I found them today and am going to try every one of them,...........not all in the same day of course! lol!
  • PubCrawler
    Options
    grilled chicken spinach salad , tomato, sliced red onion, 2tbs fatfree french.... good stuff :smile: :smile: