The last straw...

Options
Hi! I am a newbie here. I just happened to find this site while looking for a calorie counter. I am 57 yrs old and currently weigh
247lbs. I kept weight on after each of my five pregnancies and as more stressful situations occurred in my life. Almost two years ago, I began a diet regimen and exercise program that was easy to follow. I lost down to 225. Then more stress came in my life and now I am back up to where I am now (which is 25lbs less than my heaviest weight ever). Anyway, what I am hoping to find here is encouragement. I feel like I have a good knowledge of what I do/don't need to eat daily. I just need friends to help me to not give up when the stress enters and takes over my brain. Thanks!

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will LOVE all the new ways to track and view your progress! What workouts do you favor? WELCOME! =)
  • issandi
    issandi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too and happy to see someone closer to my age! I'm taking a 'Lifestyle Change' class through my medical group & all the returning members of the class swear that My Fitness Pal is awesome and a key to their success! One person likened it to a game (that he plans on winning!!!).
  • loisdsnow
    loisdsnow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone! I have been cking out all the info on this site and I am really liking it. I have kept food diaries before which
    I find to be somewhat tedious. But this site makes it so much more easy to keep track of . It is surely encouraging to have people that will be supportive and helpful with topics that some of my friends just don't understand.
  • Liliansamata
    Liliansamata Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me as a friend if you wish. Lilian????
  • debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you can add me, i will try help to keep you motivated.
  • rosah2
    rosah2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been on here for a couple of months. I am 63, started on here at 250 lbs. (highest weight ever), and have lost 12 lbs. so far. It is slow going when you are older but I am trying to be patient. I have lost 3 inches on my waist and 3 inches on my hips. I figure it will take me almost 2 years to lose a little over 100 pounds and get to my goal weight of 130. But it took me a lot longer to put this weight on.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    you have come to the right place. I used to try to log my calories on Web MD and I couldn't stay motivated. I have logged in here every day since I started! Add me if you'd like, I like to have more friends to work on this together!!!!
  • melwangerin
    melwangerin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're in good company. We could all use some friends to help guide us and keep us focused on this journey. FR sent to you and anyone reading this post can add me as well.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site has been my saviour! I've never really dieted before (one stint @ Weight Watcher's in my early 30's, I'm now 55 yrs) so I just thought I was doomed to "be this way". Then there was a 'diet contest' at work and I thought "oh no, I'm not going to be one of those yo-yo diet people!".

But when the lady came in, on the final day to sign up, I thought "hey you! (me) You are FAT! Why WOULDN'T you sign up??" So I did. Before I really had time to think it over. I started at 217lb and ended at 183lb. Long story short, I came in 2nd with that stupid contest, which was great, but by the end I really didn't care. I was SO HAPPY to be getting healthy & FEELING GOOD!!! :) Anyway, that was a year ago and I keep going. I've gone up & down a few times but still keep at it.

I love this site! Entering daily is essential. If I don't enter, I don't lose.

Good luck with you plans for the future! You can do it!
  • AlainetheInsane
    Options
    My boyfriend and I just moved to Matthews NC if anyone is local and wants to meet up and hit the greenway for a walk or bike ride