Need support and helpful tips

Options
I am new here and in need of support and any tips that may be helpful on my weight loss journey. I am just looking at a small goal now and that is to lose 20 lbs. I need to lose 75-95 lbs, but I feel it will be easier to look at small goals and move on from there. Any help would be appreciated.

:happy:

Replies

• mlalka
    mlalka Posts: 16
    Options
    you can certainly do this. I find that planning your meals a head of time, makes it easier to resist snacking urges and keeps me from eating out all the time. I try to eat around 5-6 small meals a day with plenty of water. Although I have not really gotten into my fitness routine yet, I will most certainly help you with your journey. Feel free to add me to your friend list.
  • Bekkah376
    Bekkah376 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello & Welcome! I also work with small goals... small steps lead to big changes! :smile:
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend. I see your a fellow Wisconsinite (I'm from Green Bay.)

One thing that I find helps me is to prelog my foods that I'm planning for the day. I can tweak as needed once I see how everything falls into place. And then if I want a treat I know what I have left or I can do some moving around if needed.

One other thing is that I have a list of "better" choices from fast food places...if I'm out and about and need to eat or am just tired and don't want to cook, I look over that list and it can help *sometimes* with making better choices. Not always...sometimes I'm more in the mood of "I'm tired and I want this"....am working on that though!
  • joyb31
    joyb31 Posts: 8
    Options
    I like how you have started off with a small goal..When I first started losing weight, I didn't set a goal and just started receiving compliments..You can do it..Since, 2009 I have lost a total of 54 lbs and gained 10 back..Recently I have lost 2 more lbs so it can be done..It just takes time and the will to want to keep going.:smile:
  • csmith6854
    Options
    Hi. I am new here as well. How do I add time on my exercise bike or even my Curves time? How do I figure out how many calories I have burned. All suggestions are appreciated.!!
  • giselle71
    giselle71 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey there, just like you, I'm new on here as well and have come to realize in a short space of time that support and motivation will take us far...in addition to doing what we need to. So you have my support, for sure. Let's help each other as we move ahead. I too celebrate quick wins. You got this!
  • JBV321
    JBV321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome! MFP is a GREAT tool for keeping you accountable and finding people all over that are the same situation as you and know how you feel. Everyone has been great! Feel free to add me and good luck in your journey to a new and healthy you!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I love giving support to others -- I have been on MFP since last Fall and really enjoy it. I like that you have set mini-goals for yourself -- you can do it! :flowerforyou: