Introduction

Options
Hi all,

My best friend signed up and put me on her e-mail list so here I am. She's in Ft. Worth, I'm in San Antonio so this works well. I've gone through some serious weight gain over the last year due to stress and medication so I'm hoping to getting going back in the right direction. I've got two great kids--one starting college and one starting 6th grade--that are my inspiration a great deal of the time.

I'm currently teaching at a juvenile detention center and working on my Masters in Education so life is VERY stressful...I look forward to using this great tool to keep my on track for fitness.

Shannon

Replies

• sissytx
    sissytx Posts: 50
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow Texan!!

My kids are spaced also. My oldest 27 and my youngest 14.

you can get back going in the right direction.

Good luck
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Texas Ladies...howdy!
    I'm in Austin and this site has been tremendous for me.
    You'll find some great inspiration here and wonderful MFPals, too.

I've got 2 in college...ouch, but hooah at the same time. My little guy is headed for high school & is absolutely brilliant, and our 3 big dogs are just as much a handful as the kiddos can be.:noway: So proud of them all.............

Welcome Newbie! :flowerforyou:
    Check out all the great stuff here & be good to yourself:happy:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Again, welcome, very nice to do this with a friend....you can keep in touch this way and motivate each other....I hope you will love this site as much as I do....wish I could talk a friend into joining (I am telling a lot of people about it, but if you are not into doing it, you can't talk someone into it) anyway. I am meeting a lot of amazing people on this site....:bigsmile:
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on MFP for about a month, and it's made a huge difference for me! Finally, getting in shape and eating better isn't drudgery. And everyone is really upbeat and helpful! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Good luck with your goals. You can do it! :flowerforyou: