The Zumba Crew w/o 7-12

Options
Hey y'all!
Well, it is a new week...is everyone sticking with their zumba habits?!
I had a great class tonight which was packed full for the first time in a while. I have also been doing the dvds at home which is helping to fill in the gaps. I feel great because I am starting to see results, and I can definitely tell that I am more conscious of my body (especially my core and torso) So I am thrilled.
Pam, can't wait to hear about your certification.... I can't wait to get to mine!

Replies

• dawnsant
    dawnsant Posts: 44
    Options
    Tonight was my first night of Zumba. .... LOVED IT!!! I have never sweat so much in my life! I honestly was about to not go because of a headache. After going and doing the hour, I feel great! Can't wait to go back on Wed! Hope I can see results in a while! Keep up the good work.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wanted to go to the gym to do Zumba today but with rain, I didn't want to take the girls out after going to the zoo. Tomorrow I won't make it cause of work but Wednesday definitely be there at 4:15 :D I can't wait to be at Pam's first class ever teaching wise on Saturday :drinker:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to have more time this week to do Zumba (summer school done finally!), and then I noticed some heel and ankle pain last week. I think its my shoes...regular old running shoes, instead of dancing shoes. So, hopefully I can take a week off, ice & rest up, wait for my shoes to arrive, and get back on track next week. Bummed anyway though...
  • Allieballie
    Allieballie Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm teaching a 90 minute class tonight, followed by 30 minutes of zumba toning :) I can't wait!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    You are going to burn tons of calories!!
    I wish I had a little more time to devote to zumba...doing it with 2 infants is hard!! But last night was inspiring for me, I finally managed to burn more than 700 calories during my one hour class. I can feel myself getting stronger, so that must be helping me to do all of the moves with more intensity! MAN i love zumba!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I am very excited because I have now found excellent instructors for Sun, Mon, Tues, and Thurs. My teacher on Weds is very, very "meh". . .to the point that I actually looked at my watch about five times during her last class. Blergh.

I think I may have developed an addiction. Ah well, it beats cookies.:laugh:

For the DVDs, I just recently tried the Zumba "live" DVD, and it's my new fave...it feels the most like a real class. Also, Beto takes off his shirt.:wink:
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Last night my friend and I co-taught a class that we attend because our instructor is on maternity leave, and the substitute wasn't going to be able to attend our class. Since we're zumba nuts, she asked us to go ahead and lead a class. We are going to get certified in a couple of weeks so it was a great opportunity to feel it out and see what it would be like! I was nervous, but I had a blast up there! We did stuff we knew from class, nothing really new, but we had a few folks come up to us after class and tell us we did a great job and that they'd rather have us than our subs. It felt great and I was super excited! I can't wait to be certified :D
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hello all
    I'm new to myfitnesspal and saw this thread..I thought it would be a good way to get my exercise in and talk about it since I love zumba. That Berto could really shake it. They offer this class about 3 to 4 days a week at the Y where I live. Unfortunately it's hard for me to make the classes sometimes because of my work schedule. I do have the DVD's..and I love first set of DVD's..the one he recently came out with..well i'm not too crazy about..lol
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Welcome peruviansweetie! You will love this thread, we are all zumba nuts! Feel free to chat about anything you like!
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    HI my name is sherry
    I have been doing Zumba - videos for about couple of months i have to look back on calendar when i started.
    I started with yoga booty ballet, then to tracy anderson, and now to zumba.
    i like zumba cause its easy for me to do. and its easy to follow.

I do zumba cardio videos and I do tracy anderson method mat- strength training.
    I havent tried a class, because i just dont have the time.
  • peruviansweetie
    Options
    Hello ladies

Iluvsparkles: Thank you for the welcome..I'm glad I found this "zumba nuts' thread..hahaha. They're giving the class tonight at the Y..I might just try to make it.. it's a late class from 8:30 to 9:30pm, at that time I just want to be in bed..lol..lol.

I hope you ladies have a great day..:flowerforyou:
  • sherry_80
    Options
    is the class the same as the workout videos, Do they change the dance moves, every workout is different for every video. its always mixed. Do u burn more calories in a class than doing the video?
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    is the class the same as the workout videos, Do they change the dance moves, every workout is different for every video. its always mixed. Do u burn more calories in a class than doing the video?

Classes vary by teachers....most that I have do a set of choreography, but mix up the songs. Depending on how vigorous the class is, I often burn considerably more calories in class than with the videos.

But, the vocabulary of steps/rhythms used in the videos does translate easily into a class.

HTH.:flowerforyou:
  • sherry_80
    Options
    I am afraid i wont be able to keep up, i can do it at home and i have gotten used to all the moves. but in person i dont know if i will be able to keep up. my daughter goes to the ymca and they have classes every day i want to go but my schedule does not allow.
    i do my workouts at 4:30 am i do the videos- cardio party and the abs
  • flbeachbum
    flbeachbum Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there~ I started Zumba 4 months ago and loooove it! I go Wed nights, Thursdays and Saturdays. I take my 12 year old with me and it just makes her day seeing mom dance Zumba;) I now notice my body getting strong and actually being able to do more of the moves now with full gusto!
    I go to our local Y for the classes and there are 2 different instructors. Both bring such a different flavor to the class. One uses a lot of top 40 music and it almost has a hip hop feel to it. The other one does a lot more latin type music and makes me feel like I'm on a vacation;) Love getting the mix of both classes in.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I am afraid i wont be able to keep up, i can do it at home and i have gotten used to all the moves. but in person i dont know if i will be able to keep up. my daughter goes to the ymca and they have classes every day i want to go but my schedule does not allow.
    i do my workouts at 4:30 am i do the videos- cardio party and the abs

I couldn't keep up when I first started. But, in just a few weeks, you start to keep up. Just keep your sense of humour and keep moving...and you'll soon start to prefer classes to the DVDs.
  • amckervey
    amckervey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to these boards. I did Zumba tonight for the first time, well I did one class 2 years ago; but I won't count that. I thought I was do good until a lady came up to me and told me I need to watch the instructors feet and I would do better. I am horrible at keeping up but I had fun. I plan to go back even though I know I am so far off at times. I figure I am having fun and my heartbeat is up and I am sweating so I must be accomplishing something.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm another Zumba lover!
    Class today was outrageous...our instructor is awesome & I can't get enough of her Wed classes.

Gonna try Zumba 3 days a week, even if it's on the flat screen.

Wish my hips could move like that, though. It's so much fun and the music is a blast.

I found a couple of good videos to use at home & they are pretty extreme...I laugh myself thru most of them:laugh:

Calle Ocho is my current fav! But Kumbia Kings is my all-time favorite:tongue:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    AMC, you are right, the most important thing is that you get your heart rate up, and keep it up! I actually can't believe someone at a Zumba class came up to you and told you that! It usually takes several classe to get the hang of it even if you are watching the instructors feet the entire time. Just keep up the good work and welcome!
  • peruviansweetie
    Options
    Hello Zumba lovers.
    So I went to zumba class yesterday and today.. Today's instructor was ok. ..I really like the instructor that taught yesterday's class. I'm from PERU, so I know how to shake it..lol..lol. But some of these instructors don't really know how to do the steps, but it's fun and I get a good workout :)

amc: Don't worry about not getting the steps..it takes a while..just have fun with it.. :bigsmile: