Shakeology anyone?

Options
dwh77tx
dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
Ok, I KNOW that it's expensive, and I KNOW that it's not just going to make me magically lose weight. However, I think that having a 400 calorie shake in the am will help keep me full and give me some extra nutrients I may be missing. I've had a shake for breakfast for the past 2 days. They are yummy! I'm going to see if having a Shake for breakfast helps me at all for 1 week. Anyone else??

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    400 calories? What do you put in it???

I was making mine with milk or almond milk, and it kept me full about 2 hours.
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I thought those things were disgusting lol
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mkx3sfQMZg1qz4rgp.gif
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    You can get a great protein powder for less than $30.00 at GNC, WalMart, etc.

I tried Shakeology samples. I didn't like the taste of either chocolate (Vegan or regular) and I did enjoy the tropical strawberry. However, I didn't feel like it did anything special for me at all. In fact, my protein powder actually makes me fuller longer, and mixes much better. (no chalk in the teeth feeling)

ETA: $130.00 a month is waaay too much for a shake. The reason the coaches push it is because it's the main way they make money. It is not magic, and who knows what's REALLY in it. IF they can get you to believe in the "magic" and sign on for direct ship (home ship or whatever) then they've got that income guaranteed.

Bake some sweet potato cubes, top with a sunny side up egg or two and EAT. :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you rather have something that's actually tasty and full of protein for breakfast than a powdered drink that costs way too much and is pushed on you by a pretend coach?

Sorry, but I'm broke. Greek yogurt and eggs for me.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am not a big breakfast person so I use Herbalife Protein shakes with fresh fruit and I add non fat yogurt-delish and under 200 cals for a complete meal.

good luck to you
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I do shakeology. I look at it as a nutrition supplement. Not a weight loss or protein shake...I do all sorts of stuff with it. Sometimes I drink it. Sometimes I make pudding sometimes I bake with it....

Meh some people don't agree with shakeology...I happen to love it.

It's not for everyone and no I wasn't pushed inot buying it by a pretend coach >.<
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    go to target or trader joes. buy one container of vanilla protein powder, and one of chocolate. the store brand is fine.

make your own shakes.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    Wouldn't you rather have something that's actually tasty and full of protein for breakfast than a powdered drink that costs way too much and is pushed on you by a pretend coach?

Sorry, but I'm broke. Greek yogurt and eggs for me.

tasty and full of protein? Fits the description of my protein shake, that was NOT pushed on me.
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    drink it every morning... but mine are only 160 calories a shake... 170 if i do the vegan... it is easier for me since I workout first thing in the morning and need to get out the door fast...
  • smcturbo
    smcturbo Posts: 16
    Options
    I LOVE my protein shakes. 22 g protein, 130 calories for the powder, extra for a cup of 1% milk, and it keeps me full until lunch (12:00 noon) or so. I don't do it every day - I don't want to "forget" how to eat real food, or what keeps me full, but I really notice that it holds me over. I use Body Fortress Super Advanced whey protein shake
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Here is a better breakfast:

Omelet with one egg and two egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, raw milk cheddar cheese. DAMN good. Filling. Nutritious.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    heard lots of good reviews from the net and friends but i simply can't afford it. I need to buy so much food just to feed myself and my family.... That's why I don't buy it.

The ingredients etc are amazing and it does work well as per what people told me.
    So if you can afford it.... GREAT! buy it...... Cause I can't lol.

Or....If it's you Mr. Bill Gates....Please feel free to send some to me....Msg me and i'll give you my address :) hehehehe
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    A lot of people make money pushing shakeology. You could support them by purchasing though a coach instead of saving money by making your own as was stated. Would you rather be fit and have those fet extra bucks, or know that you made a financial difference in a shakeology coaches life? I think the choice is clear cut.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

^ this.

^ this also.

Save your money and eat real food. It's much more fun. And delicious. With 400 calories you can easily make a large, filling, well-balanced, high-protein, nutritionally-dense meal.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    023-shaking-baby-or-midget.jpg
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I just had a 400 cal breakfast - extra lean ground beef, (last night's taco night leftovers) an egg, some avo, spinach and tomato,cheese and a slice of whole grain bread....and a multivitamin with minerals....I think I prefer that to drinking some sludgy and very expensive magic potion...:flowerforyou:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    A lot of people make money pushing shakeology. You could support them by purchasing though a coach instead of saving money by making your own as was stated. Would you rather be fit and have those fet extra bucks, or know that you made a financial difference in a shakeology coaches life? I think the choice is clear cut.

Lets be real. People just love to put a negative spin on certain products-but lets face it with EVERY purchase we make, whether it be from a "coach", grocery store or otherwise-we are all making SOMEONE else money by doing so.

if you don't agree with using these types of supplements-why respond at all. Seems counter-productive.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Here is a better breakfast:

Omelet with one egg and two egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, raw milk cheddar cheese. DAMN good. Filling. Nutritious.

Yes.