I might make it to a bikini - (pic)

Options
acrowder99
acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
Hi everyone -

I would like to thank everyone who has posted a pic on this site. Your before, during & after photos have really helped to keep me going. Three months into my journey & I have a visible difference of my own!

I am 5'6" tall & I have 4 children. My kids are all teens so no recent babies for me. My weight gain came from eating cakes & drinking wine by the bottle - both of which I have cut out of my life with the exception of the occassional indulgence. I joined MFP in Feb of this year. My stats...

SW 176 BMI 28.4, 37" waist, size 12 jeans (regular ladies, no juniors for me)
CW 165 BMI 26.6, 34" waist, size 10 jeans (and they are quite comfy, I don't have to unzip them to sit down)
GW 140 I will be super happy when I hit the 150's though, it's been a long time since we've seen each other

Up until this week my workouts consisted of 3 body sculpt classes, 1 kick box cardio, 1 spinning & 1 yoga/pilates. It's worked out well, but since I have been reading about all of the success women have with heavy lifting I decided to switch the body sculpt for NROL4W. I just finished the first two workouts & so far I am very happy that I switched.

I have been between 1200 & 2000 calories a day - averaging about 1650/day. I am going to start adding an additional protein shake on lifting days to bring that up to about 1800/day.

My story isn't amazing or touching - it's just a story of a woman who enjoys eating & drinking. I am from the south where everything is fried, we add fat and sugar to our vegetables to cut the 'tart' & sweet tea is our beverage of choice. My choices in food still aren't perfect but they are a heck of a lot better than they were & the best part is they are maintainable. I can live like this! Folks who are struggling, just keep making adjustments until you find your comfort zone - it's there, you just gotta work to find it.

On to the progress pic - I didn't take a before in Feb & I don't know what I weighed then either. This pic is when I really started to pay attention - 5 weeks of working out & tracking calories plus one vacation week of no working out, not tracking calories but taking it easy on the portions. Hope this works!

3-6to4-19prof_zps5b8d3bbf.jpg

I will be posting again in this section of the site!

Replies

• CBDoll
    CBDoll Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think you'll make it!! Congrats!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    carry on my MFP friend - well done! and yes - you will make it :flowerforyou:
  • acrowder99
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
    My story isn't amazing or touching - it's just a story of a woman who enjoys eating & drinking. I am from the south where everything is fried, we add fat and sugar to our vegetables to cut the 'tart' & sweet tea is our beverage of choice. My choices in food still aren't perfect but they are a heck of a lot better than they were & the best part is they are maintainable. I can live like this! Folks who are struggling, just keep making adjustments until you find your comfort zone - it's there, you just gotta work to find it.

I live in the south too. I have found Truvia (natural sweetener) and use lean ham to flavor my veggies. I totally understand cutting the "tart" from vegetables. I was tought very young to add sugar to my veggies! :laugh: Oh and I used Italian seasoning on EVERYTHING!! It gives food so much flavor.
    Keep up the good work!
  • acrowder99
    Options
    I live in the south too. I have found Truvia (natural sweetener) and use lean ham to flavor my veggies. I totally understand cutting the "tart" from vegetables. I was tought very young to add sugar to my veggies! :laugh: Oh and I used Italian seasoning on EVERYTHING!! It gives food so much flavor.
    Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much!

I have tried the Truvia and I just don't care for the taste, at least in tea or coffee. Do you cook with the Truvia?

Good idea on the ham! I am going to try that next time. I have been using bacon, just not as much as I would the salt pork.

I was raised with a big 'ol sugar bowl & a container of reserved bacon grease on the stove - we put it in everything! I love Italian seasoning - the other one that I like is the Montreal Steak or Chicken. I think it's pretty high in sodium but sodium isn't too much of an issue for me.
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had to get used to the taste of the Truvia in my coffee but I'll sprinkle it in with my veggies too. I recently threw out my bacon grease container! I buy the Carolina Pride sliced ham and then put about 5-6 slices in plastic baggies and freeze the excess. Then I'll just take a bag out of the freezer as I use what's in the fridge. I've also switched to using Land o Lakes butter. The 50 cal per serving type. It's more expensive but I don't have to use as much to get great flavor.
  • Blythingc
    Blythingc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Celebrate your victories..... wear the bikini with pride !!! Well done !
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this post. You look great. I am 44 with 2 children grown and one still in high school. Your pic gives my motivation. :smile:
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You will make it and you wear that bikini with confidence! Well done!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm still in shock that you have teenagers. You barely look older than that yourself! And rock that bikini, you got this!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Yep..no doubt keep working hard...You look nice..
  • acrowder99
    Options
    Thank you so much for the kind words everyone! It really makes me feel good. It's nice to be surrounded by people who are working towards the same goal & can appreciate what your going through.

I started early with my kids so I am little younger than most moms my age, but not by a lot. My daughter told me the other day, "would you just turn 40 already, everyone gets all confused when I tell them you are in your 30's". I will admit it seems like I have been in the 30's for-ev-er.

kvonjohn - I love the Land 'o Lakes butter, that's all I use. The light margarine might be better on calories but I just have it in the back of my head that I am eating motor oil. Thanks for the tip on the ham!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Only 11 pounds lost so far and I can already see a difference. You WILL make it, and you'll be looking damn hot in a bikini!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! YOU GO GIRL! =)
  • ellitze
    ellitze Posts: 23
    Options
    Ha! There you go! Great progress! I think you'll meet up with size 8 soon enough ;-)
    After my second Hm in June I want to focus a little more on weights too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!