WEIGHT WORKOUTS?

Options
Hey y'all, does anyone know any good hand-held weight workouts that I could do on week nights? That target legs, bum, thighs, abs and perhaps some arm aswell I DONT WANT TO BE MUSCLY, JUST TONED!!
Many thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Rbacchiega
    Rbacchiega Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred combines all of what you're looking for with cardio. I've only been doing it a week and I've noticed (partially thanks to muscle memory) that my legs/butt is quickly getting back to where it was when I was playing baseball and soccer. And my arms and shoulders have started to trim as well
  • phjorg
    phjorg Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I DONT WANT TO BE MUSCLY, JUST TONED!!
    Well then lay off the steroids and don't eat 5000cal a day while lifting insanely heavy weights and you will be fine.

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to build decent amounts of muscle?

And do you even have any idea what tone is for that matter? guess what, it's building muscle and lowering bodyfat. You have to have muscle to look that way. So basically you're trying to say you don't want to have muscle, but you want to have muscle.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Well then lay off the steroids and don't eat 5000cal a day while lifting insanely heavy weights and you will be fine.

And do you even have any idea what tone is for that matter? guess what, it's building muscle and lowering bodyfat. You have to have muscle to look that way. So basically you're trying to say you don't want to have muscle, but you want to have muscle.
    calm the eff down. no need for rudeness.

OP - 30 Day Shred and some hand weights, the programme is free on youtube, look it up! Also apparently kettlebells are very good, again there are tutorials on youtube. Good luck
  • phjorg
    Options

OP - 30 Day Shred and some hand weights, the programme is free on youtube, look it up! Also apparently kettlebells are very good, again there are tutorials on youtube. Good luck
    it's a pet peeve of mine when people ask how to build muscle, but don't want to build muscle. so sue me. now they know.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    One persons "toned" is another person's "reduce body fat percentage"

Why feel the need to jump down people's throats over a word?
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    jesus christ

this forum cracks me up
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

it's a pet peeve of mine when people ask how to build muscle, but don't want to build muscle. so sue me. now they know.
    the point is that you knew what they meant but still chose to be rude instead of pointing things out and educating. this is an advice forum is it not?
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Nobody else knows that it's your pet peeve. The OP did not post the question specifically to irritate you. If you don't like the question, don't answer it. Or if you want to answer it, help people learn. Ridiculing and shaming people doesn't help them learn anything new. It just makes you look like a pompous fool.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Go to fitnessblender.com. They have about 200 full length workout videos. The majority of them are workouts using handweights, perfect for doing in your own living room or whatever. You can search for specific types of workouts, or search for workouts that focus on certain body parts. They also have a wide range of workout times, from 10 minutes up to an hour. I guarantee that you'll be able to find something that fits what you're looking for.
  • keepfitdontquit
    Options
    i meant 'muscley' as in like hercules, or with bulging arm muscles and large rugby-player thighs.
    this is meant to be an advice forum for people to help eachother out, i'm sure there are other forums elsewhere for you to let your anger and hate out.
    But to everyone else, thankyou!
  • phjorg
    Options
    i meant 'muscley' as in like hercules, or with bulging arm muscles and large rugby-player thighs.
    this is meant to be an advice forum for people to help eachother out, i'm sure there are other forums elsewhere for you to let your anger and hate out.
    But to everyone else, thankyou!
    It's like saying you don't want to go to school because you're afraid if you study, you'll accidently become a doctor.

Lifting just does NOT work that way. to get big, it's thousands of hours at the gym, eating absolutely insane amounts of food and more than likely a ton of steroids too. It's a goal you actively have to work for. Lifting is only a small part of that goal.

your muscle can do 3 things. shrink, stay the same size, or grow. If you don't want your muscle to grow, then train in a way to maintain what you have. If you do want it to grow a bit, then train in a way to make it grow a bit then switch over to maintaining once you reach the size you want. It's as simple as that really.

If you really want to see the impact of heavy lifting on girls, then see how big and huge this girl got from lifting tons of manly weights...

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Rbacchiega
    Rbacchiega Posts: 52 Member
    Options

incredible read! I've got a bum shoulder with limited range of motion...but it's slowly getting better and better...Once I move to Australia the end of June I'll be finding a local gym and getting on a program!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones is great !
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones is great !

Agree this one is great!!