Hip Hop Abs or 30-Day Shred?

majope
majope Posts: 1,325 Member
I currently run 5 or 6 times and take 2 Pilates classes a week. I've been wanting to add a more strenuous all-body conditioning workout, but have been holding off until after the half-marathon I'm training for--some people report that they hurt their back or knees with these things, and don't want to risk it until after the race. (I'm not going to stop running or taking Pilates, by the way, I'm just feeling strong enough to add something else 3-4 times a week).

Race is in less than two weeks now, so I'm looking at Amazon and trying to decide what to order. What do you all recommend: 30 Day Shred? Hip Hop Abs? Something else entirely?

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    You can try 30 day shred before you buy- it's on YouTube. It's pretty good if you can stand listening to Jillian talk and talk and talk.

My favorite allover exercise these days is the Beginner Kettlebell Workout by Fitness Blender, also on You Tube. And-- big plus-- it doesn't hurt my knees.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I'm a big fan of 30 day shred. The price is great, and I felt you got a good workout. I'm actually starting up again this week.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    I am doing Insanity and Hip Hops Abs and find Hip Hops very low intensity... it does work the belly though..
  • tracyjzeimet
    tracyjzeimet Posts: 4 Member
    I like the 30 day shred video. It is a great all over workout, but Jillian is quite annoying! I have had great results, so I keep doing it.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Thanks for the input, all! I'll definitely give 30DS a look on YouTube before I buy.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Both 30 day shred and hip hop abs are free on youtube.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    neither
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I prefer Hip Hop Abs to 30DS as cardio because it is just more fun. If I don't enjoy cardio, I won't do cardio.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Insanity....
  • Lyadeia
    Insanity....

Was that one of the OP's choices? I must have missed that.................
  • Not that two of these were options but im trying
    -The 30 day squat challenge
    -30 Day Shred
    AND
    -Insanity Deluxe

starting tomorrow. good luck to you:)
  • Julian Michaels is SUPER annoying. I mute the television and put background music on.
  • Lyadeia
    Julian Michaels is SUPER annoying. I mute the television and put background music on.

I did that a couple of years ago to Tony Horton when I was trying to get through the yoga workout!