Whats your motivation?

Options
One of the biggest reasons I don't end up exercising when I should is because I lack motivation. I was wondering what is every one elses way of motivating themselves?
I try and remind myself that every little bit counts, but sometimes I push that thought aside as well.

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    THE BIGGEST LOSER SHOW, MY DAUGHTER, NEW CLOTHES
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    my motivation is alway the renaissance faire and being able to wear corsets and look good in them.
  • MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My son. I want him to grow up healthy. Making shopping easier, looking good, I want to be someone's inspiration one day when they think they can't
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Browsing success stories is always motivating for me if I need a quick pick me up. :smile:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Women getting all freaky and naked.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Some days I'm motivated to workout and I get my workout in. Some days I have no motivation at all and I still get my workout in.

I plan out my week's workout, set my alarm clock, and go when it's time to go. I don't understand why people let lack of motivation be an excuse to not handling their business. Make a plan, stick to the plan. You're an adult so if you say you're going to do something, there's no reason for you not to do it. Especially if the excuse is, "I didn't feel like it today".
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    no motivation. i've decided that exercising is going to be a regular part of my life. i wake up early and go. some days i'm more eager than others. some days i have to tell my body "suck it up, this is happening."

a bad work out is better than no work out. they all don't have to be PR's that you write on MFP about. but it's better than nothing.
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror. Every time I look in the mirror I want to figure out something that can help improve my body through diet and exercise!
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've now got to the point where if I dont exercise in some way I get very cranky and fidgety. I guess that is motivation enough.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I like exercising. I've carefully collected dvds and youtube files of stuff I like doing. I have things for when I really want to work and be challenged, for when I'm sore but still want to work a bit, for when I just want to move, and for when I really don't want to do anything at all. Some are in ten min sections so even if I just do the warm up or final stretch it's more moving than sitting on my bum.

I'm weird I guess, in that yeah, sometimes I get tired or lazy and don't want to do anything but most of the time I like being somewhat active. I tend to feel sore and tight and generally icky if I don't move enough.

So I'd suggest finding an activity that you love. Not because it burns calories or tones this or blasts that but because you enjoy doing it for its own sake. That way on a day where you have to do a bit more convincing you have the benefit of doing something you really like to do and you'll be that much closer to whatever your goal is and in a good mood from having done something fun.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am motivated when I can go into my closet and put an outfit on and know it is going to fit!!! I also love to exercise and do it early in the morning before I can think of excuses!!!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Currently it's from seeing other people's 30 Day Shred results so I went out and got the DVD's and started them 3 days ago. I have challenged myself to do it everyday for 30 days. That challenge along with the result pictures I have seen other people have with the program is what's keeping me motivated.