Okay, here goes…

Options
merton
merton Posts: 4 Member
I’ve been on this site, rather compulsively everyday for the past 37 days and haven’t posted until now. I’ve never replied to anything on a chat room, or thread before in my life and it kinda freaks me out a little bit. However, I thought it was time to stop lurking about, reading everyone's great advise, success stories and motivational tips and start participating myself. It’s a BIG step for me.
This is the absolute longest I have stuck with any kind of lifestyle change program and certainly the healthiest I have been in years. I really am learning so much about nutrition and fitness and can’t believe how fun/addicting this all can be! So, in the spirit of becoming an active person in all aspects of my life and giving new things a try, I thought I would introduce myself. Hello everybody!

Replies

• sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi there and well done for coming out of the Shadows.. I understand you.. I was on this site for a while before I posted/replied to anything.
    Also well done on what you have achieved so far.
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome to our wonderful community! Congrats on your seven pound weight loss, and kudos for finally getting up the courage to make a post in the forum. Don't worry--we won't bite :) I agree with you totally on the fact that this site is so fun and very addicting. I'm pretty sure I spend more time on here than I do on Facebook these days--and that's saying a lot! Everybody here is just so friendly and supportive. I wish I had friends like these in real life, ya know?
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Don't worry--we won't bite :)

Please speak only for yourself. I DO BITE! LMAO

Anyway, welcome in the community, merton. Hope you will like it here and find some support.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    :laugh: i did the same thing then bout a week ago i came out my shell! :laugh:
  • carolina0105
    Options
    Hi. I'm the same way. I guess that's why I haven't added a pic yet. Oh well. At least we are here and learning and inspiring each other. :happy:
  • gigsaccount
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one, thanks for your post (if thats what you call it). I have never been into a chat room or the like either, and yes, its a tad scarey. All I can say is,

Welcome.

And do I need to sign off? I guess I will just hit 'post reply' and find out
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    lol, I love it that a healthy lifestyle change can also improve computer skills and knowledge! Welcome and cheers. :drinker:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I think you'll see a common theme most have done what you did...I too am guilty of staying in the shadows until about 1 1/2 weeks-2 weeks ago....

I kinda felt i didnt' have much to offer didn't know anyone blah blah blah, next thing I know .....here i am .....so welcome welcome!!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I'm so glad you decided to post and become active in the community here! You'll love it! And yes, this lifestyle change is addictive! I love it!

And I agree with Nikki - I think I spend more time here than on Facebook!