Tired after working out?

Options
MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
Does anyone else get this? I haven't worked out in over 6 months, but I used to do the C25K. I had no problem finishing the workouts (for being as overweight as I was, the intervals were pretty easy for me). But the moment I finished working out, all I wanted to do was sleep. It happens no matter what exercise I do (weightlifting, running, elliptical).

Like I said, I haven't exercised in awhile, but on a typical workout day I was getting 75-85 grams of protein. Before the workout I would half a banana (about 45 minutes before), and after I would have the other half of the banana, a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, and a glass of milk.

So, am I just a weird one, or was there something wrong with my food intake? Thanks in advance, I appreciate all help. :)

Replies

• ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    on days that i do reg cardio im fine but when i do intervals im ready 4 a nap! im havin a brain fart on explaining it sorry but i did look into it. basically u need quick carbs because ur bodys used up its stored carb energy. on my HIIT days i drink chocolate milk right after i leave the gym. it has the best carb/fat/protien ratio 2 get ur energy back. i no longer pass out right after. my other days i do my protien shake.
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    I started out like that... but now...after a work out... I just wanna work out more. I do not know what intervals are...I do circuit training mostly... and weight training and walking. After I get over the 5 mins of "OMG I am SOOO wiped" I just wanna go go go. Are you hydrating during your workouts? I take sips of water throughout my workouts, and I find it helps a lot.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get this? I haven't worked out in over 6 months, but I used to do the C25K. I had no problem finishing the workouts (for being as overweight as I was, the intervals were pretty easy for me). But the moment I finished working out, all I wanted to do was sleep. It happens no matter what exercise I do (weightlifting, running, elliptical).

Like I said, I haven't exercised in awhile, but on a typical workout day I was getting 75-85 grams of protein. Before the workout I would half a banana (about 45 minutes before), and after I would have the other half of the banana, a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, and a glass of milk.

So, am I just a weird one, or was there something wrong with my food intake? Thanks in advance, I appreciate all help. :)
    You're not a weird one. lol When I first started out doing water aerobics I'd get home and collapse into bed until morning. I'm sure part of it was the newness, the chlorine and the workout itself of course. After building up endurance that no longer happened, I'd take classes in a row and want more and more!

After back surgery in Sept., I'm having to build up my endurance all over again, it sucks but it's what happens when you cut your workouts way down plus I had to stop my workout for a bit and then when I was able to get back to the gym in 2 months I did PT, which is nothing like workouts, least to me. It'll take time but you'll get back there. :drinker: Be sure to allow your body plenty of rest, 7-9 hours depending on your age, might wanna Google what you need since you're in your 20's Hon.

Sleep can make all the difference in the world for weightloss, our health in general and keeping our bodies from being injuried and having an OK workout vs. a great workout!

Good Luck,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • MFPfriend
    Options
    I started out like that... but now...after a work out... I just wanna work out more. I do not know what intervals are...I do circuit training mostly... and weight training and walking. After I get over the 5 mins of "OMG I am SOOO wiped" I just wanna go go go. Are you hydrating during your workouts? I take sips of water throughout my workouts, and I find it helps a lot.

Yeah, I was usually drinking 10-12 cups of water a day, usually about 4 of those before, during, and after my workouts.
  • MFPfriend
    Options

You're not a weird one. lol When I first started out doing water aerobics I'd get home and collapse into bed until morning. I'm sure part of it was the newness, the chlorine and the workout itself of course. After building up endurance that no longer happened, I'd take classes in a row and want more and more!

After back surgery in Sept., I'm having to build up my endurance all over again, it sucks but it's what happens when you cut your workouts way down plus I had to stop my workout for a bit and then when I was able to get back to the gym in 2 months I did PT, which is nothing like workouts, least to me. It'll take time but you'll get back there. :drinker: Be sure to allow your body plenty of rest, 7-9 hours depending on your age, might wanna Google what you need since you're in your 20's Hon.

Sleep can make all the difference in the world for weightloss, our health in general and keeping our bodies from being injuried and having an OK workout vs. a great workout!

Good Luck,
    Becca:flowerforyou:

Ahhh, maybe that's it. I never got past week 2 of the program, so I probably didn't have much endurance. When I start the program again, I will definitely push through the first couple of weeks.
    Though I will assure I get plenty of rest (usually around 10 hours- thank God!! lol).
  • Photoplex
    Photoplex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do not know what intervals are...

Sheer and utter hell...
  • MFPfriend
    Options

Sheer and utter hell...

Hahaha, yeah.

I was doing intervals from 3 mph walking to 6.5 running. Back and forth. Back and forth. D:D:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I feel like for about an hour after my work outs. After about an hour I get home, get dinner going, and I start to find more energy to clean and take care of all the chores at home.
  • Photoplex
    Photoplex Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Sheer and utter hell...

Hahaha, yeah.

I was doing intervals from 3 mph walking to 6.5 running. Back and forth. Back and forth. D:D:

My current intervals are:

Day 1
    5 min warm up
    - 30 seconds at 10.5 mph
    - 90 seconds at 3.5 mph
    - (Repeat 5 mote times)
    5 min cool down

Day 3
    5 min warm up
    - 2 min at 7.5mph
    - 2 min at 3.5mph
    - (Repeat 5 mote times)