Kettlebells

Options
Ok so I'm looking into buy my first kettlebell but I'm unsure at what weight I should start at. I'm not very strong at all :laugh: so any recommendations?

Replies

• peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MeeraAnnT
    MeeraAnnT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started out with 15 and I've only been doing it for two weeks an its already getting light. I wasn't very strong to begin with.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    between 15 and 17 is a good place to start. the adjustable ones are like, stupid expensive but in the long run you save money because you don't have to keep buying new ones. if the weight gets too light, it's essentially useless. be prepared to progress quickly and have a ridiculous amount of fun :)

you might want to try filling a gallon milk jug with water or sand, weigh that, and do some basic KB moves with it to get an idea of what a good starting weight might be. if the jug is way too heavy or too light, you can go from there. hope that helps!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Can you get a cheaper set? I know in the UK you can get a kettlebell set for around £25 from Argos which are 2.5kg, 5kg and 7kg. Not sure if that's too light though...