Alcohol-Free Spree

Options
mm3898
mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
So last night I went crazy... I drank way too much wine, ate a full pizza by myself and had jalepeno poppers... Needless to say I feel like crap today. This happens periodically when I drink-I end up eating too much, taking in hundreds of needless calories and feeling like crap the next day.

So.... I'm going an an alcohol-free spree for the rest of July *hopefully for longer but going to start with small steps*. Anyone else want to do the same? Alcohol is wasted calories (pun intended) and just makes weight loss so much harder. I want to be serious about my weight loss, and alcohol doesn't help. Does anyone else want to join me for the next couple weeks of no drinking? Please feel free to friend me! Here is to never feeling like I do do right now again :sad:

xoxo Maggie

Replies

• Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    good for you
    that's exactly how i felt back in may and haven't had a drink since.
    i always found after a few drinks i could eat everything i saw lol
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing! No booze for the rest of July. I started Sunday and am looking forward to the difference it will make in boosting my weight loss.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I gave up the alcohol in June but I admit I've had a few beers this month. I'm going on vacation on Friday and I'm sure I'll have a few drinks next week, but after that I'll be back on the wagon. I won't give it up forever, but it definitely needs to be far between!

Friend requesting you ~ :)
  • kcbythec
    kcbythec Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi there Maggie,

Like you I have decided just over the past week the alcohol is not a good thing. My personal fitness coach has been after me for ages to stop having that nightly one or two, which in turn, like you know seems to reduce your resistance to trigger foods. And it's working. I get my wi today at the gym, I'm not expecting to lose since I've been lifting heavier weights.....but it will come. The second part to that is I feel so much better every morning, clear headed energetic, can't wait to get to the gym kinda thing.

I've also been told by several PFC's that alcohol really messes with your metabolism, and when you're trying to get fit and lose some weight it's really not a good thing.

Anyway I just had to write to your post because I'm going through the same thing. Even in the book the Female Body Breakthrough she allows for a 10% variance to "clean food".....so the heck with the cheesecake and pizza, I'll have my wine on the weekend, just not much, and then it's a treat.

Good luck with your journey, hope to see you around again (I'm just new to this board.

KCbythec
  • kcbythec
    kcbythec Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi there Maggie,

Like you I have decided just over the past week the alcohol is not a good thing. My personal fitness coach has been after me for ages to stop having that nightly one or two, which in turn, like you know seems to reduce your resistance to trigger foods. And it's working. I get my wi today at the gym, I'm not expecting to lose since I've been lifting heavier weights.....but it will come. The second part to that is I feel so much better every morning, clear headed energetic, can't wait to get to the gym kinda thing.

I've also been told by several PFC's that alcohol really messes with your metabolism, and when you're trying to get fit and lose some weight it's really not a good thing.

Anyway I just had to write to your post because I'm going through the same thing. Even in the book the Female Body Breakthrough she allows for a 10% variance to "clean food".....so the heck with the cheesecake and pizza, I'll have my wine on the weekend, just not much, and then it's a treat.

Good luck with your journey, hope to see you around again (I'm just new to this board.

KCbythec
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It is so great to see that others are doing the same thing! I feel like if I can get through this month w/out a drink, then I'll be able to space it out better. Thanks for the support!

xoxo
    Maggie
  • lulu64uk
    lulu64uk Posts: 62
    Options
    I'll join you - unfortunately my downfall was the World Cup, I love football and I cannot watch a game with out a beer or two, which then usually leads to 7-8, followed by whatever takes my fancy after that (usually crisps, peanuts) The World Cup finished on 11th July and I had my last drink then, I am now aiming to get through the rest of July without and hopefully a little into August before the Football season starts again :-0 Am feeling fitter for it already !!