Discouraged - 65lbs and no one has noticed...

Options

Replies

• beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Oh, he'll definitely notice. I've lost 70 and only the people that know keep mentioning it as I go down. But a few people that I haven't seen since I started last year have never said a word. Possibly people are uncomfortable with making comments. But also I've found a few people who can't really make "NICE" comments anyway, regardless of the circumstance.

Forget about them and just enjoy your hard work and results and keep up the good work. No matter what, it's really just for you in the end - the most important person. :happy:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    65 is alot, you are doing great, remember others shouldnt be allow to validate you... This is for you and I am sure your hubby will notice.... Do you have before pics and now? you can do it!!!!!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Great Work... :flowerforyou: He will notice, with: Who are you what did you do with my wife...? If he doesn't, he sure as heck will wish he had... :laugh: :bigsmile: :wink: best of luck
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am sure he will notice. Sometimes when you see someone everyday the gradual changes aren't as striking as when you see it all at once. Be sure to to cherish the moment! As someone who has redeployed before, I would say that it might take 15 minutes or so for him to really notice your weight. He may be overwhelmed with the emotions of just seeing you again, plus all the hubub at the ceremony and stuff. Don't be too disappointed if he doesn't mention it in the first thirty seconds! Take advantage of the occasion to get a new outfit, haircut, nails, etc. You will feel beautiful and GLOW. That's sexy!

Love everything about this! And I agree put some effort into it for yourself and for him! Flaunt that weight loss and your beauty!

That's right! people may not notice for a variety of reasons;
    - maybe you haven't changed the way you dress (i.e wearing baggy stuff or your old clothes which don't flaunt your new shape)
    - maybe you have people who like others have mentioned are not sure how best to put the compliment across
    - jealousy

Regardless, get your hair done, get your nails in check and get yourself a pretty lil something to wear be it to meet him or for later....and just be happy with him...and be proud of all your hard work!
  • April_220
    April_220 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! That is an awesome accomplishment.

I can guarantee you that people have noticed!! Some people you work with might feel like it is inappropriate to comment on your body. Others just not feel like you are close enough friends from them to say something personal to you.

When I lost a lot of weight (around 70 lbs, very few people said anything. I later learned some had been afraid they would offend me by making comments about my body. Another friend mentioned that she didn't know the right way to compliment me without making me feel self-conscious, i.e., she thought that if she said something about my weight that I would feel like my weight was the most important thing to her and my other friends (which it, of course, is not). One other funny thing is that my friends eventually told me that our mutual friends commented to them on it, and these mutual friends thought it was really awesome that I was losing weight and were really proud of me.

So don't get too down on yourself. Many times people notice, and silently pat you on the back or cheer for you because they don't want to do or say anything that might rain on the parade you deserve to be having.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how big you were to begin with and how big you are now. I bet when you get close to your goal or at your goal people will notice.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    A lot of people don't comment because they are not sure how to. I've lost 35lb's. It is very noticeable but I've just spent the weekend with my mother in law, brother in law and sister in law and none of them have said a word and they don't see me very often. They are quite reserved so I just put it down to that. I don't talk about it so they may not want to say anything in case I wasn't trying to and saying it would indicate that they thought I was fat before.

At the end of the day I know what I'm doing is working and I'm doing it for me so who cares what other people say. Don't worry about anybody else. You know how great your achievement is.

Though I will say well done on losing 65lb's!!
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You notice the first 10.
    People notice the second 10.
    People who haven't you aren't aren't around will notice the other 10.

If he doesn't bring out a pair of the old pants and show what you've been working on since he's been gone. For all of us out there trying we appreciate it because it's so hard.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    He will notice. That is an awesome accomplishment, and you have done fantastic.
    I have had some people tell me that they didn't know if they should say anything or not, because it may not be polite, I was kind of flattered by this kind of comment. I guess they thought it might have hurt my feelings or something.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Please don't get discouraged. Remember why you changed your lifestyle - sure you want people to notice, but more than that, you want to feel better and be healthier. And look at the amazing job you are doing!

Keep up the great work!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss ...... that's awesome ....... your husband will be thrilled !

And don't worry about other people ....... you just keep chugging along ......

I thank your husband for his service !
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!

Please try and keep in mind that sometimes people are AFRAID to comment on weight loss. I own a business and sometimes go 6 months or a year between seeing some people that I have known for years and years. This just happened to me a few months ago...

"Wow, good to see you, you have lost a lot of weight and you look great!" (Tanned in Winter)

"Thanks, I just got back from Mexico where I had experimental surgery on the cancer that US doctors say is incurable."

on the flip side:

I finally got up the nerve to comment on another one but this person I know pretty well. The response...

" Thanks, it has been a lot of hard work but I joined this site called My Fitness Pal and it has made all the diffidence."

Both true stories.
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    If you have a before picture of yourself get it out and take a picture now. I'll be you see the difference. :)
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing loss! Well done!! Buy a hot new outfit and flaunt it!! :) He'll notice!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am sure he will notice. Sometimes when you see someone everyday the gradual changes aren't as striking as when you see it all at once. Be sure to to cherish the moment! As someone who has redeployed before, I would say that it might take 15 minutes or so for him to really notice your weight. He may be overwhelmed with the emotions of just seeing you again, plus all the hubub at the ceremony and stuff. Don't be too disappointed if he doesn't mention it in the first thirty seconds! Take advantage of the occasion to get a new outfit, haircut, nails, etc. You will feel beautiful and GLOW. That's sexy!

^^ this. When you see someone every day it is so very hard to notice. They say once you reach 50 lbs lost it is noticable by others. He will notice :) keep it up
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh he will notice! though i found a similar thing. I lost 50 and no one said much then lost another 30 and tons of people said something.

I agree! I'm sure some people close to you have noticed, right?

Coworkers, etc didn't comment until I was down like 75 lbs (i started at 250). Then it was like OMG "what are you doing??" You're not doing anything crazy to lose so fast?" Lose fast? I've been working on this for the last 6 months, lol.

Have you gotten yourself any new clothes? Once I started buying myself clothes hat actually fit and were more figure fitting people noticed and the comments kept coming.

Keep going, you are doing awesome.

Teresa
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's the people who see you every day who don't notice or are not sure what they're seeing and don't want to insult you by accident. You sig. other will surely see that big a drop.

I have only lost 11 pounds so far. No one in my office has said anything but a guy I hadn't seen in a few months said immediately "You're thinner."

People are afraid to put their foot in their mouth ("When's that baby due?") so they say nothing. You know what you've accomplished. That's great!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Your significant other should notice. 50 lbs is a lot of weight. Regarding the others around you, are you still wearing the same clothes? Maybe it isn't as noticeable then. At 26 lbs lost, I am still wearing the same clothes, although things are completely hanging on me and are baggy. I'm sure when I finally wear something in a smaller size, people will begin to see it more.

It isn't always about what others see or say. You have done an incredible job and what is good for your body and that is far more important than what others do/say! :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    A few things here.
    Men might not feel comfortable saying anything because they don't want to be perceived as hitting on you, especially at work.
    Women might not want to say anything bc you'll think that they thought you were fat before.
    I'm sure everyone has noticed but didn't want to say anything. Good job!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    husband will definetly notice