30 day squat challenge

Options
I started the challenge yesterday was looking to see if anyone has done this and what to expect other than the soreness lol

Replies

• Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 17! I was really sore the first few days, because honestly I'd never been into squats. I haven't hurt from it at all since the past 5-6 days. I can feel that those muscles have been worked and they're a little tired, but thats it.

I do have to say that even by the point my butt looks a little better! I've always had a booty, and have been a little concerned about it getting a touch flat through the weightloss, but this has made me feel much better! I spent about 15 minutes in the mirror yesterday flexing it and liking what I see!
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday.. Yes, my thighs are very sore and I walk like an old lady :( so I will do day 2 when I get home!!
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Do you ladies do them all at one interval or spread them apart throughout the day? I'm thinking doing them all at once probably has a better outcome, but i'm a little overwhelmed with the thought of 50 squats! :/
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What kind of squats does everyone do for their 30-day squat challenge? I mix it up by doing a variety of squats so I don't get too bored! I started squatting about three months ago and have seen some phenomenal results... they are a gir'ls best friend so keep it up!
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 17 also. As I've been doing it, my form on the first day to today has changed and I am able to do a deeper squat. As for soreness, I guess it depends on how you're doing them really. I've been doing them in sets. I am treating them like lifting weights I guess and I have a lot of weight to lift on each one. I guess its really up to the individual on how they want to do them. Good luck!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Starting today. I looked at some youtube videos to get an idea of form on the squats. Wish me luck! Day one here I come.
  • I have always been blessed with thighs and a booty, but after having my son they got a little to big for my liking I got to a high of 180 lbs and now im currently at 157 lbs theres still a way to go, but i want to get i guess not as giggly booty lol and thighs of course
  • Starting today. I looked at some youtube videos to get an idea of form on the squats. Wish me luck! Day one here I come.

Good luck we can get through this :D
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I completed this last week and yes you will be sore from time to time. I had to break them up into two sets and then three towards the end. They get easier as your body gets used to doing them. Now I do squats with ease so I have had to change it up a bit. Good luck. Make sure you stretch your legs before you do the squats.
  • kenyarb
    kenyarb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 16 (rest day) my legs are sore from time to time...for me its been a little bit more of a struggle adding on more squats. I haven't really seen that big of a difference in my body shape (as far as legs/butt) it is actually discouraging for me, but I am going to complete these 30 days if it kills me!
  • soel1965
    soel1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 (rest) and I must say that the first 2 days I was sore and I could hardly sit down. Then the soreness was gone. I don't do all the quantities at once, but in sets of 20 then I pause for a few minutes. I am looking forward to the result after the 30 days.
  • be_thin123
    Options
    how many do you do each day? Really interested to try this but the only info i have is that you do 50 squats on day one and 250 on day 30... Any advice please?
  • ksladey
    ksladey Posts: 1
    Options
    be_thin123 you can google '30 day squat challenge poster' and look at the images or if this link works someone has posted it there.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff463/pharmie8888/squatchart_zps65ce1a38.jpg
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    I did day 7 today. 80 Squats. Not so bad. I am afraid of the 200 squats. Do you do them all at once or throughout the day?
    Thus far I have done them all in one session. Happy when I complete them :)
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    I am on day 7 (rest) and I must say that the first 2 days I was sore and I could hardly sit down. Then the soreness was gone. I don't do all the quantities at once, but in sets of 20 then I pause for a few minutes. I am looking forward to the result after the 30 days.

Day 7 is 80 squats. Day 8 rest
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure to check your form...butt should feel exaggeratedly pushed back (like you're trying to sit in a chair that is very far behind you), you should really feel like your weight is on your heels most of the time, and knees shouldn't be much further ahead than your toes. Watchin a mirror to make sure your knees are turning in as you lower (they can point slightly out, if anything, especially if you're doing deeper squats). Also, keep your chest up and back slightly arched (NOT rounded). The squat challenge is great, but form is SO important and sort of hard to do correctly, especially as you get tired.
    Have fun! It's a fun challenge!
  • Mamagill08
    Mamagill08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this challenge! Could someone give me the information or the link that shows how many squats to do per day? New to MFP so if I overlooked the info I apologize. Thanks! :)
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure to check your form...butt should feel exaggeratedly pushed back (like you're trying to sit in a chair that is very far behind you), you should really feel like your weight is on your heels most of the time, and knees shouldn't be much further ahead than your toes. Watchin a mirror to make sure your knees are turning in as you lower (they can point slightly out, if anything, especially if you're doing deeper squats). Also, keep your chest up and back slightly arched (NOT rounded). The squat challenge is great, but form is SO important and sort of hard to do correctly, especially as you get tired.

Ahh, that should say knees AREN'T turning in!! That's a bad typo...DON'T want your knees caving inward during squats!!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Ahh, that should say knees AREN'T turning in!! That's a bad typo...DON'T want your knees caving inward during squats!!

hey very helpful,. thanks, answered a couple of questions I was wondering about esp my back !
  • Lku06eb
    Lku06eb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday with the 30 day shred too! I really suffer with staying motivated So I'm hoping posting here will keep me going! Off on holiday in 33 days so I'm hoping this will give me a bit more bikini confidence!