Excess skin?

Options
Hey everybody, I am starting my new plan and from 216lbs i want to get down to at least 150lbs.
It is finally the right time to do this but one thing that is concerning me is when I loose the weight will I have a lot of excess skin.
It is a significant weight loss so will i be able to tone it up a bit or will it be an issue.
Have any of you had this problem or not?

Thanks xoxo

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have got excess skin but have lost 188 pounds...it really comes down to age, genetics and how long you were overweight and by how much. You can minimise the impact by resistance training, eating good whole foods, staying hydrated, and moisturising. But regardless of some excess skin I can still dress well and look good, and most importantly I am healthy. Excess skin unless its causing a physical issue is just aesthetics.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have got excess skin but have lost 188 pounds...it really comes down to age, genetics and how long you were overweight and by how much. You can minimise the impact by resistance training, eating good whole foods, staying hydrated, and moisturising. But regardless of some excess skin I can still dress well and look good, and most importantly I am healthy. Excess skin unless its causing a physical issue is just aesthetics.

Well put.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options

So True^^^^ I am right there with you.
  • Mytzy
    Mytzy Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks for the great answer and congratulations on loosing so much! xoxo