Hip hop abs

Options
I'm starting this today, has anyone else did this?

Replies

• SinopaTahki
    Options
    No, but it sounds like fun! ^_^
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for 2 weeks... LOVE IT!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ive done a hip hop abs video on demand and loved it
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I JUST FINISHED THE 6 DAY SLIM DOWN TODAY. I AM STARTING THE 30 DAY SCHEDULE TOMORROW. I LOE IT!!! LOST 5 POUNDS IN THIS ONE WEEK
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I started it last week but do it as a double with Insanity.. so I only do it a couple times a week..
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im starting this program one week from tomorrow, just need to finish up my turbo jam calander first! Im really looking forward to it!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I JUST FINISHED THE 6 DAY SLIM DOWN TODAY. I AM STARTING THE 30 DAY SCHEDULE TOMORROW. I LOE IT!!! LOST 5 POUNDS IN THIS ONE WEEK

Did you use the shakeology on the slim down like the menu says? How did you like it, if you did use it??
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with ab workouts, but you'll need to recognize that abs are really made in the kitchen.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with ab workouts, but you'll need to recognize that abs are really made in the kitchen.

Yes, but finely toned abs are made via core workouts like this and Zumba.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Strength training and exercises like planks are actually better for core strengthening. If you want to even see the outlines of abs, you'll have to lose the body fat. No amount of ab training will make them show if you don't lose the body fat.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Strength training and exercises like planks are actually better for core strengthening. If you want to even see the outlines of abs, you'll have to lose the body fat. No amount of ab training will make them show if you don't lose the body fat.

I have found Zumba to be both a body fat burner and a core strengthener. I have more ab definition than I've ever had, but I still have some fat to burn off, so I'm working on that with a variety of methods.

I do agree that planks are great for the core. I don't like them, but boy they work.

:wink:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs is a lot of fun! I do those DVDs as well as Rockin' Body every now and then when I want to do some fun dancing cardio.
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Are hip hop abs and rockin' body as hard as insanity? Or are they difficult to learn for someone who isn't exactly fluent in choreographed dance??
  • SinopaTahki
    Options
    I started it last week but do it as a double with Insanity.. so I only do it a couple times a week..

Double with Insanity?! Holy crap!!! That's amazing! Would probably kill me. Lol
  • xxtannicxx
    Options
    yea it's fun and a serious workout for someone thats out of shape.
  • needtobefitt
    Options
    I think ill either try it tomorrow or thursday!
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, love Shaun T and HHA. I flew out to CA to watch them film the infomercial. One of my best friends is the spokeswoman for it. Definitely easier than insanity. Love it.....
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, love Shaun T and HHA. I flew out to CA to watch them film the infomercial. One of my best friends is the spokeswoman for it. Definitely easier than insanity. Love it.....
  • Zalitya
    Zalitya Posts: 3
    Options
    I am almost done with it and I love being a coach to help people. :) If you ever need a friend for inspiration or need a coach, I can help. :D
  • Zalitya
    Zalitya Posts: 3
    Options
    I own them both and almost done with HHA. Rockin' Body was a little hard but I was 260+lbs when I started Jan. and I am down to 235. :) I am a coach if your interested in buying them together for a better deal and save money with it. :)