Today I was able to post this on Facebook

Options
mcn79
mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
I started MFP just over 10 months ago. I started off with a bang and did great. I lost 20 lbs in 2-3 months. Then I moved in with my boyfriend, winter came to the Midewest and I kind of stalled out. My clothes were fitting better and I was slimming down, but I wasn't seeing a big loss on the scale or in my inches. I've struggled off and on... I ultimately want to lose 90-100 lbs. I've kept at it but some weeks are just harder than others. This was one of those weeks. My boyfriend has been working 2nd shift for the past three months, the weather was awful and tragedy was abound....Boston, West, Texas, and flooding here in Chicago.

Today I weighed myself to see what the damage was. I didn't binge this week, but I did eat over on Thursday and I struggled with exercise. I just posted this on Facebook:

"After 10 months of hard work, struggles and a lot of trial and error, I'm very proud to say that I've officially lost 30 lbs and 7+ inches. I've got a long way to go and this is truly a marathon for me. My grandma Martha wanted to see us all healthy and her wish along with my desire for my health has been a great motivator. Love you, gram. ♥ — feeling proud." I want to cry.

Losing weight is a constant struggle for me, like it is for a lot of us. I've been overweight the majority of my life and when I wasn't, I was obsessed with gaining weight, losing the weight I gained, etc. Finally, after 7 years of therapy, I've come to peace with my body and I have a mostly healthy relationship with food. But it's still harder than I thought. For me, this is a marathon. It's two steps forward, one step back. It's constantly fiddling with things to see what works. It's pushing myself to exercise.

Today I'm happy with where I'm at. I can't quit... I've got far too much to accomplish, but I was able to tell my world what I've done.

Thanks, MFP, for helping me succeed. I couldn't have done it without you.

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good for you for NOT quitting! Never surrender! You're well on your way and just another 15 pounds will mark your half way point.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once it goes on Facebook, it's totally real and awesome! Woot wooty woot! Keep up the great work! =)
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It is not a diet it is a lifestyle........... for the rest of your life and you are making great choices to keep you going where you want to be! Excellent work!
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good job. You should feel proud.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You've done an excellent job. Losing weight and staying healthy are so challenging for many of us, and from someone who's been there and back, I congratulate you! Keep it up :)
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Your story shows that this is as much mental and emotional as it is physical. Thanks for sharing. Also, congrats on the weight loss and the courage to post on FB. You are amazing!
  • blondee2005
    blondee2005 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thirty pounds is a HUGE accomplishment. Keep up the good work!
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Glad you didn't give up. You have a long life ahead of you and making the choices now while you're young, will help you live that life to it's fullest. Keep up the hard work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!