<<<Best Reason Ever

Options
BlisterLamb
BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
See that little guy? He wants to do everything I do. When his mom and her brother were growing up, I was very overweight and while I did a lot of things with them, horseback riding, motorcycles, coaching their tee ball and softball teams, camping, etc., I feel I shortchanged them. About a year before this little guy was born, I lost 100 pounds. He was 2 weeks old when he was with me in the dugout at his first softball game and every year for the next 4 years after that. Last year he was the batboy. He's always had the benefit of grandparents who are active and encourage him to be the same. He hikes, runs...he did his first Junior mile at a 5K run when he was 4 years old. He and his little sister love doing the Color Run and Color me Rad 5Ks. He's fast too. If he didn't have to compete against 12 year olds in the mile run, he would be taking first in the 5 to 7 year old group. But they just lump them all together. He's playing Tee ball this year. But the thing he's wanted to do most, ever since he was two years old, was to go on an all day bike ride with gramma and papa. His 6th birthday is Wednesday and last weekend we bought him a good, well made bike, that can stand up to some mileage. Today he took his first road ride with us.

That big smile, is the smile of a boy who just biked 17.2 miles. I'm so proud of him and so thankful that I changed my life before he was born so that I can be the kind of gramma he deserves and can look up to. To me, thats even more important than looking good or being thinner or all the compliments in the world.

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What a lovely post. You have a great attitude and I wish you many many more years of active joy with your grandkids.:flowerforyou:
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What a great role model you are. And it's awesome that you are such a active part of his life.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Good luck to you. :)
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks! We do 60 mile metric century rides about once a month. He's angling for one of those. I think he's got some time before he's ready, but not as long as I was expecting. He knocked out that 17 miles fairly easily.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! It's awesome that you both can be active in his life and give him experiences he can remember for a LONG time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!