What music do you like to gym on?

Options
What music do you like to gym on? Share yours here...

My number 1 favorite is:

Cascada - Everytime we touch
This cd has a really nice beat in almost all songs, and got some inspiration words in some as well.

Replies

• MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My favorite song to run to is "For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica. Also, "Runnin' Down A Dream" by Tom Petty.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Just about anything by Godsmack.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    this is funny for me as I'm a die hard country fan...but not a lot of songs in country are good for running ....some are....but not many
    my running mix include

creed
    slip knot
    Linkin Park
    Carrie Underwood

I'm still building my list so this is a great thread to try out some new music!! THANKS!!!
  • chronic1977
    Options
    jeremy camp, david crowder band, kutless, toby mac
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Some of the new stuff out there in the pop world is GREAT for running:

I Like It- Enrique Englasias (sp?) ft. Pit Bill
    Dynamite- Taio Cruz

And some other fun ones:

Suddenly I See- KT Tunstall
    For Christ's Sake- Paper or Plastic
    Point of Extinction- Motion City Soundtrack

xoxo
    Maggie
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    Reggae Dancehall - especially Damian Marley!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Salt & Peppa - Push It
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not.... although i generally hate contemporary Christian music, a friend loaned me the TobyMac CD entitled "Tonight." nearly every song is not only a great workout beat, but also musically complex and catchy. I love it, and it's quickly becoming a most played album on my iPod :)
  • hamblm01
    hamblm01 Posts: 2
    Options
    my favorites are Coldplay, Silversun Pick-ups, Modest Mouse, and Black Eyed Peas! I switch my playlist up often b/c I get bored easily! It helps a lot!
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    I like to do fast music with a good upbeat as well. This is a good song. I usually listen to hip hop when I work out. Hope you have a good time on your weight loss journey. :smile:
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am a reggea fan myself.
  • ImMiranda
    ImMiranda Posts: 10
    Options
    Jason Mraz!!
  • OnieBee
    OnieBee Posts: 67
    Options
    I really like Tom Petty and Bob Marley songs. Feel good music.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Jason Mraz!!

to work out?????? maybe doing yoga! lol. :) love you BFF!
  • ImMiranda
    ImMiranda Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes ma'am! He has some really upbeat music.. :) Love you toooo!!!!!
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    lots of differant rock music:
    skillet
    slipknot
    breaking benjamin
    rob zombie
    otep
    disturbed
    five finger death punch
    sick puppy

just to name a few
    i have a big selection of songs :)
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Black eyed peas
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    What gets me going that extra mile is "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera. But if I want something to keep my energy up its 80's for me. Lots of Michael Jackson and occasionally 70's Rock.
  • mynuet
    mynuet Posts: 6
    Options
    I work out in the backyard pool right now, and I've got a playlist cued up with alternating songs - one for running, one for the general aerobics crunches/pullups/jumping/kicks kind of things.

Generally, I find that just about anything can work - 4/4 is called common time for a reason, so it's just a matter of keeping the beat. Still, some are better than others for pushing you to go harder, like:

Black Sabbath, Paranoid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_6jagv_D4 - I have no idea what Ozzy's even saying, but the bass line and the drum just get my legs pumping like I'm running away from a lion and trying to get to the car.

Snow Patrol, It's Beginning to Get to Me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwyeHOv3Wk

Gypsy Kings, Volare - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgSeJzLJFc - It starts off slow, but if you think about it, a lot of flamenco involves moving your legs rapidly - pretty good for running!

Regina Spektor, Fidelity - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wigqKfLWjvM - I realize this one seems odd, but listen to the little plinking melody that goes throughout. If you follow that, you'll stay on-rhythm and can easily scale it up.

DDR, Captain Jack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUvg7Empjfg - This is a dance tune which uses military cadence as its backbone. You can either keep the beat steady or use it for intervals when it speeds up.
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    I usually listen to MotionTraxx (motiontraxx.com) on the treadmill--I LOVE the free playlists. It's not the kind of music I would ever listen to outside of the gym--I'm not a big club/house music fan--but the driving beat is really great for keeping me going.

When I'm not listening to that, though, some of my favorites are:
    Metallica (especially "Wherever I May Roam"...that's my running theme song :-)
    Linkin Park
    Cello Fury (local Pittsburgh group--three cellos and a drummer. Sounds weird, but it is so great.)
    80s rock