training for a half marathon...what is a good app to use?

Options
I've done 2 half marathons and have signed up for my 3rd for January 2014. What app or training have you found good and helpful. My goal is to do the half in 2.5 hours- 2:45 ..its a little slow but my best has been 2 hours and 55 minutes. Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    For the half I have coming up May 5 I'm using Hsl Higdon's novice 2. You can just go to the website and print it out. He has a slightly easier plan too, the novice 1 and harder plans as well.

For my first half, it was stated that the course closes in 2 and a half hours so if I wantef an official time I was going to have to run under that. So I did the runners world plan for a sub 2:30 half thru training peaks. I followed the plan and finished easily in 2:20. For subsequent halfs, now that I know I can run 13 miles, that plan feels like overkill.
  • leannekampfe
    leannekampfe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I second the Hal Higdon vote-I've also used his Novice 1 and Novice 2 plans. I think they're great, and I always feel prepared on race day. I used to write my mileage down, but now I use an app called Running Log on my phone. You could also use MapMyRun if you're looking for a way to track your runs.