i really want ice cream right now...

Options
... but instead i am going to say hi to everyone and hope the craving goes away! I am new and looking for friends and motivation. Dont be afraid to say hello :)

Replies

• 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

The first place I go when I want food (when I don't need it) is to the message boards.

Welcome to MFP.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Its ok to have a bit. I like the mini bluebell ice cream sandwiches. Only 90-100 calories each, and they're real, not low-fat or sugar free anything:)
  • ChristyVerness
    ChristyVerness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! :) Welcome!
    Way to find ways to "distract" yourself!
    How was your workout today?
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    ViuA6oB.gif
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've been craving ice cream for the past 4 days, finally gave in today. yesterday I drank crazy amount of water to get over the craving.
    Good luck
  • ftlindsey01
    Options
    You guys are so sweet! This is why i am here for the encouragement so thank you - i had a great workout on the elliptical for 40 mins. I also just started working with a trainer twice a week -with more focus on strength training ( i am SO SORE today!)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You can have ice cream.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Try a small portion or try skinny cow ice cream..weight watchers has ice cream too or drink water :)
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Try a small portion or try skinny cow ice cream..weight watchers has ice cream too or drink water :) Hello btw I'm new too..
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just sent you an add!

What worked for me tonight, was a protein smoothie. My BF has been having them for weeks, so I decided i should get in on it.

Mine tonight was 1 cup almond milk (60 cals), 1 cup peaches and raspberries (60-100ish), 1/2 cup water, 1 scoop BSN lean dessert protein whipped vanilla (150 cals) it made a ton and i happened to eat it all tonight, but it does freeze okay which i did earlier this week. so really like 16+oz for ~350 cals, pretty awesome.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    eat it and write down the calories or get skinny cow ice ceream sandwiches they are lower cal
    or get 100 cal snack packs with cookies in, or eat fruit
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just had a mini mayfield ice cream sandwich just before I read this. 90 calories.
    You can have you cake and ice cream too....okay...maybe just one :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    As a trainer, I let my clients know it's okay to have AS LONG as it's accounted for in calorie count. If not, then they better go do some extra exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've found a really yummy low-cal frozen yogurt that quells my cravings for ice cream. The brand is 'Eating Right' and the flavor is: Black Cherry Chocolate Chip Low Fat Frozen Yogurt, only 90 cals for 1/2cup. I eat it slow and with small bites to savor the taste. It's delicious. :-)
  • flabbykelly
    Options
    I just started today too… nice to meet you. I'm Kelly
  • mrsmuffin
    mrsmuffin Posts: 22
    Options
    I always make sure that my food log is up to date before I let myself give in to cravings like that. I also make certain to plan out a workout that will take care of that craving. When I decide that it is worth all of the extra effort I go ahead and enjoy that sweet treat.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    How sweet of you!!!!

Hello and have a great evening
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ice cream so I leave room for either WW or skinny cow every night!!!! I don't ever want to feel deprived.
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    when I feel like ice cream I usually treat myself to a fudgsicle-80 calories/low fat :o)