Good Weeks/Bad Weeks

Options
Hey guys i was just wondering if anybody else has this problem. so how come one week i can look at cakes, chocolate, cookies basically anything we shouldnt eat much of and not feel anything, i can just bypass it then some weeks you just cant say no it is really frustrating and i get so down hearted (i have lost 130+lbs) so i tell myself its fine you can lose it if you put anything back on. i want to lose just 25 more but i just cant do it is taking so much effort to lose 1lb. anybody else feel like this?

Replies

• yojibalinese
    Options
    I have these cravings all the time! When that happens, I go to hungry-girl.com and find something that looks decadent but is less than 200 calories and ultra low on fat and then I make that instead! Any diet that lets me eat tiramisu or bread pudding and still loose 9 pounds in under a month from just a few eating habit changes makes me a happy camper. ^__^
  • jodi8135
    jodi8135 Posts: 13
    Options
    my weight watchers leader always told us the last 25lbs was the most important. this is when you will learn how to keep it off. don't give up you have come this far now for the bad weeks, go back and look what you eat on the good weeks maybe you are getting more fiber or something that is making you fuller longer so you dont get the gravings. make sure you are drinking your water because that always helps. just give it one day at a time, you can do it.:wink:
    good luck
    Jodi
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. Yesterday I felt like having Famous Amos cookies, I had bought the box in Costco, so I asked my very skinny cousin, if she wanted some cookies, she said yes....so I got the bag, counted how many cookies were in the package, there were 8...I took out 2 and gave her the rest. I then logged in my diary as having 1/4 bag of cookies....

My aunt also called me to come get piece of carrot cake she baked....I walked to get them and walked back home.....I checked the calories on line before I ate any this morning....Yeah I know, kinda early for cake....but again I felt for it.......3 ounce is 260 calories I believe....so I weighed mine and had 1.6 ounce of the cake

If I feel for popcorn....I first ask, anyone wants popcorn, if I get 2 or more answers, I pop the popcorn and share myself out 2 cups worth, which is 80 calories and give them the rest

Bottom line is unless you never plan to eat sweets again, don't torture yourself, if you feel for it, have it....but small portions

A lot of people can do without sweets, kudos to them...I have a very bad sweet tooth, so I just eat it in moderation, and definitely not everyday

Goodluck
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Miqisha, I'm with you. I have a sweet tooth, and sometimes I just want some salt. I don't deny myself--I just measure out a proper serving. Have realized that I used to eat 3 x the proper portions on snack food--no wonder the weight crept on. Thank heavens the weight has now crept off. MFP keeps me accountable for calories.