yet another attempt

Options
I was looking online today and realized that I'm a binge over eater. I shared the website with my bf that talked about hiding when you eat and eating way past the point of comfort and told him that's what I do. I'm trying here again as a way to keep track of everything I eat and make myself face it. No more secret binges when I'm alone now. I was totally ashamed to tell him but it's freeing for him to know also. I defiantly want to lose weight for sure!

Replies

• SupernovaLeon
    Options
    I understand. I am the same! I think a lot of us are secret food eaters, without even realising were binge eating sometimes!

First step is realising the problem and take it from here!
  • lauramcconnell7535
    lauramcconnell7535 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Realizing it, and taking steps to address it is a huge step. You should be proud of yourself for making changes. I have gotten into the habit of grabbing my phone to enter the food everytime I eat or drink something and it has made a huge difference to my eating habits. When you have to enter the food and see everything listed, it really start thinking about quantity and quality of your meals and snacks. Good luck on your road to a healthier you.
  • ashleexmarie
    Options
    Totally agree with you. We all do this at some point or another!
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    u are not alone feel free to add me and many others
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you. We all do this at some point or another!

No, not all of us. Some of us just gained weight from eating the wrong foods and not exercising. Let's not lump us all under one umbrella.
  • SupernovaLeon
    Options
    Realizing it, and taking steps to address it is a huge step. You should be proud of yourself for making changes. I have gotten into the habit of grabbing my phone to enter the food everytime I eat or drink something and it has made a huge difference to my eating habits. When you have to enter the food and see everything listed, it really start thinking about quantity and quality of your meals and snacks. Good luck on your road to a healthier you.
    Exactly! When I see everything I have eaten throughout the day it suddenly dawns on me that the snack is no longer appetizing and I either don't eat it or if I do I plan on doing some extra cardio to compensate.
  • emily_can
    emily_can Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was looking online today and realized that I'm a binge over eater. I shared the website with my bf that talked about hiding when you eat and eating way past the point of comfort and told him that's what I do. I'm trying here again as a way to keep track of everything I eat and make myself face it. No more secret binges when I'm alone now. I was totally ashamed to tell him but it's freeing for him to know also. I defiantly want to lose weight for sure!

Secrets lose their power when they are no longer secrets. Good for you for telling him! We are all flawed in some way, we all struggle with something. Sharing the burden often makes it easier to deal with.
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Surrounding yourself with supportive friends here helps a lot. You find you don't want to let them down as much as you don't want to let yourself down. Just go at your own pace, don't try to sprint to the finish. Work on today, then work on tomorrow. When you falter, don't sweat it. Focus on having more good days than bad and you will progress toward your goals. Two steps forward and one step back is still forward motion.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! :flowerforyou:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've definitely done the binge eating & still struggle with it.

One thing to think about is upping your day to day calorie intake, and making sure you're eating enough fruit & veg. It could be that you're too far under your maintenance level & your body builds up a real hunger & it's not just psychological.
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Good for you and welcome! You can find all manner of good eating options here :flowerforyou:
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Surrounding yourself with supportive friends here helps a lot. You find you don't want to let them down as much as you don't want to let yourself down. Just go at your own pace, don't try to sprint to the finish. Work on today, then work on tomorrow. When you falter, don't sweat it. Focus on having more good days than bad and you will progress toward your goals. Two steps forward and one step back is still forward motion.

This!
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am a junk food addict. I am so addicted to sugar, carbohydrates. I am going to try this last time to make a life style change. You are not alone with binge eating. I feel so ashamed when I am stuffing the cake in my mouth because my husband is coming in the kitchen.
    I am starting Atkins tomorrow. I need high protein, very low carb. If I have certain carbs like those 100 cal snacks it starts the domino effect. Im not going there.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested there's a group "Binge Eating Support Group" here on MFP. Anyone can join! There is a monthly challenge to log in daily and report if you binged that day or not. It's an excellent way to stay accountable and also reward yourself when you succeed in overcoming binge urges and emotional eating.

There are many people there just like you and we are all working together to beat this problem. :)
  • Pfgirl2006
    Pfgirl2006 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've definitely done the binge eating & still struggle with it.

One thing to think about is upping your day to day calorie intake, and making sure you're eating enough fruit & veg. It could be that you're too far under your maintenance level & your body builds up a real hunger & it's not just psychological.

I don't' just do it when I'm dieting that how I know it's a problem I do it no matter what