Anyone else doing Medifast?

Options
Hi, I am doing Medifast for one month to help me get back on track. I am tracking my meals even though the Medifast philosophy is that you don't have to track or count. I want to get into the habit of tracking for when I get off Medifast. I was wondering if anyone else has done Medifast. Three years ago, I did Medifast for 4 months and lost 30lbs. I kept it off for about 6 months and then started overeating again. The pounds came back on and then some. I also had both my knees replaced in 2011. I am doing much better and can do lots of low impact exercise. I have many exercise dvds and have been exercising almost every day. In addition, I have a very physical job, taking care of special needs children. I also walk about a mile around 2x per week during my lunch break. --Bernadette

Replies

• kalmark
    kalmark Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am planning to start medifast. How do you feel. Is it like other programs or different. Please need input

thank you
    Kathy
  • zubiedoobydoo
    zubiedoobydoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on MediFast for 8 days now. I am amazed by it. I have gained and lost all my life, but this time WW was not working for me. I canceled my subscrip. when I found FitnessPal because it gave me everything WW gave me for free and actually, better. But I was still not losing. I was working out, eating right, staying around 12-1300 cals, and losing at a fraction of the rate I have in the past. I knew carbs were my problem. I plan to stay on MediFast for 3-4 months then do the transition then completely get off their food. I don't believe a person can achieve long term weight loss with the weight loss portion alone. They MUST complete the transition then make permanent chagnes or they will gain the weight back.

Your loss seems slower than what I was reading. Most people lose 3-5 lbs per week even though the company says 1-2 per week in the 3rd week and after. I lost 8 the first week and I will not be surprised if I maintain a 2-3 lb per week loss!

Hang in there!
  • loyemarie
    loyemarie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Medifast! Lost 25lbs. so far in 8 weeks - a third of the way to transition! Love the program, but you MUST commit to transition and maintenance phase, or you WILL gain back.
  • kjsaine
    kjsaine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did Medifast a couple of years ago and lost about 30 pounds...didn't make it to the transition. I just couldn't keep eating the Medifast food. It gave me so much gas I thought I'd explode! If it weren't for that I'd have stayed with it. In addition, buying the food was expensive. In any event..I need something I can stick with forever and I just didn't feel that Medifast was the program for me. I was healthier while on it, exercised more and my cholesterol levels were the best ever!
  • CupcakeKaos
    Options
    i never heard of that, i dont have a comp im useing my moms i just have a iphone so i dont go on the website to often
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both doing the Medifast program. We like the convenience and I need the structure the plan provides. We've been on the program for about 5 months. I will admit we have not followed everything 100% (we both enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, and I refused to give that up!), and there have been times when we've caved in and eaten pasta and bread. LOL! But, even though we've both fallen off the wagon a few times my husband has lost 30 pounds and I've lost 16. We both know we would have hit our goal weights much more quickly if we'd stayed 100% on plan, but I'm happy with my progress and my husband is thrilled!

We both exercise daily -- some days we walk about 4 miles, some days we do P90X or Insanity, and I like ChaLEAN Extreme too.

Like kjsaine, we have been VERY gassy, but overall we have been pleased with the program. As a menopausal woman, I was beginning to think I'd just have to accept being a chubby grandma! But Medifast has worked for me when nothing else did.
  • eea0416
    eea0416 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you take the Digestive Health supplement, it will help with the gas(medifarts, lol). Also, any store bought probiotic will help with that.
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    I did Medifast a couple of years ago and lost about 30 pounds...didn't make it to the transition. I just couldn't keep eating the Medifast food. It gave me so much gas I thought I'd explode! If it weren't for that I'd have stayed with it. In addition, buying the food was expensive. In any event..I need something I can stick with forever and I just didn't feel that Medifast was the program for me. I was healthier while on it, exercised more and my cholesterol levels were the best ever!

I love when you said you thought you would explode lol i have been there!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I just started and I am excited! I am going to add you guys for support :)