Brussell Sprout Recipes?

Options
Nacho12
Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
Anyone have any good Brussell Sprout Recipes? I once saw a recipe for making "chips" out of the left over leaves.
I think I saw it on here but not sure.

Replies

• crissykclai
    Options
    I eat them almost everyday in one three ways. I shred them raw in a salad, juice them or eat them roasted. You just slice them, put em in a glass baking dish with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast them 10 minutes or so at about 400. They'll start to get dark and crunchy around the edges and the crispy pieces are delicious.

Happy Eating!
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Fry some bacon to crispy.
    Slice sprouts in half.
    Remove bacon from pan.
    Throw sprouts in pan of bacon grease for 6 minutes.
    flip
    cook for 4-5 more minutes.
    Remove from pan.
    Add balsamic vinegar and Salt and pepper to taste.
    crumble bacon on top
    eat
  • I don't slice them, but instead put them on a pan whole. Drizzle with just a tiny bit of EVOO and a smidge of sea salt and pepper. Trick is, put the oil in a small cup, mix the salt and pepper in the oil before drizzling it on.

The sprouts come out with the outer leaves a bit crispy, but light in your mouth, while the insides are just amazing. My kids beg for brussel sprouts, which makes everyone think I am super mom LOL

(oven, 10-15 minutes at 375-400 depending on your own oven)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    like the above with grill seasoning and my favorite condiments.
  • JanetteHR
    Options
    I love brussels sprouts! I chop them up and saute them in a little olive oil and add maybe some garlic or chopped onions-sometimes some dried cranberries to add zip. YuM!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fry some bacon to crispy.
    Slice sprouts in half.
    Remove bacon from pan.
    Throw sprouts in pan of bacon grease for 6 minutes.
    flip
    cook for 4-5 more minutes.
    Remove from pan.
    Add balsamic vinegar and Salt and pepper to taste.
    crumble bacon on top
    eat

holy **** :love:
  • TesselCat
    TesselCat Posts: 74
    Options
    1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees. Toss Brussels sprouts, oil, water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in large bowl until sprouts are coated. Transfer sprouts to rimmed baking sheet and arrange so cut sides are facing down.
    2. Cover sheet tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove foil and continue to cook until Brussels sprouts are well browned and tender, 10 to 12 minutes longer. Transfer to serving platter, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I buy them frozen and then roast them with a little olive oil and kosher salt. I usually cook them from frozen for about 45 min. at 400 and stir them around at least once during roasting. Delish!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I like to shred them and saute them with butter and garlic. salt and pepper to taste of course.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for posting. These look like great recipes. Can't wait to try them!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I like them roasted with olive oil, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese.