Any Body Fat% decrease Success Stories?

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
I'm so thrilled to see has my scale weight is slowly but surely decreasing week by week, so is my body fat percentages. My body fat percentages is crazy unhealthily large. This week it's down another whole percentage and I've got a long way to go. I go by my weight/body fat/water scale. This doesn't have to be based on scientific research/doctors reports, but your body fat scale.

How much did you start your body fat percentage at?

What is is now?

How long did it take for you to see your body fat percentage go down?

What do you think contributed to your body fat decrease?

Anything else you'd care to share on your body fat percentage decrease success story, please do share with us, okay?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    bump
  • alexw94
    alexw94 Posts: 11
    Options
    starting BF: Unknown (starting weight: near 300)
    weight now: 180
    current BF%: 14

When I got a trainer and gym membership in January my BF% was 17. The lowest it has been was 12.2% and that took about 2 months of strict diet and gym routine from the 17% in January.

As far as contributions...
    1. Diet
    2. Cardio
    3. Water
    4. Vitamins, CLA in particular, and amino acids.(look into GNC's vitapaks, the RIPPED one)

2 supplements I stacked and had great success with when sticking to my diet were OxyElite Pro(old formula) and Alpha T2. Literary melts fat... Although I will say Alpha T2 made me feel awful....

My diet has gotten sloppy again due to stress, school, and being bad about logging the calories I intake... Also I hate cardio and slack at it, often ending my cardio sessions early with excuses.

Now that school will be wrapping up here, I can start to direct more of my time and energy to my health again. Tomorrow starts a new week that I plan to start of right way... cardio day at 5:30 in the morning... yay!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good question !
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

around 37%

What is is now?

28.9%

I've been doing this for about a year and six months.

Recently my fat has decreased rapidly. I have been eating more "good" fats in my diet and higher protein. It really seems to be the case that to lose fat you need to eat fat. Oh and building muscle. Building more muscle means burning more calories at rest which equals more fat burning.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

When I got a trainer and gym membership in January my BF% was 17. The lowest it has been was 12.2% and that took about 2 months of strict diet and gym routine from the 17% in January.

1. Diet
    2. Cardio
    3. Water
    4. Vitamins, CLA in particular, and amino acids.(look into GNC's vitapaks, the RIPPED one)

2 supplements I stacked and had great success with when sticking to my diet were OxyElite Pro(old formula) and Alpha T2. Literary melts fat... Although I will say Alpha T2 made me feel awful....

My diet has gotten sloppy again due to stress, school, and being bad about logging the calories I intake... Also I hate cardio and slack at it, often ending my cardio sessions early with excuses.

Now that school will be wrapping up here, I can start to direct more of my time and energy to my health again. Tomorrow starts a new week that I plan to start of right way... cardio day at 5:30 in the morning... yay!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :glasses: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

around 37%

What is is now?

28.9%

Recently my fat has decreased rapidly. I have been eating more "good" fats in my diet and higher protein. It really seems to be the case that to lose fat you need to eat fat. Oh and building muscle. Building more muscle means burning more calories at rest which equals more fat burning.

Fabulous!!!!! :drinker: :glasses: :drinker:
  • acrowder99
    acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump - I would be interesting in hearing more folks answer these questions as I am just getting started. By BF is 31.6% at this point - I will have it checked again around 5/15.
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips! Very helpful!!!

1. Diet
    2. Cardio
    3. Water

• ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!! Could you tell me what are some of the good fats that you consume, I could use some adjusting!

around 37%

What is is now?

28.9%

[/quote]
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bump - I would be interesting in hearing more folks answer these questions as I am just getting started. By BF is 31.6% at this point - I will have it checked again around 5/15.

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    How do you all calculate body fat %? An online calculator? I went to our local gym and asked to have it figured, but they said they do not have the calipers? and that they are not an accurate measure anyway. So I am curious what is the best way?

So I just used an online calculator and got four different percentages...

74.23 --- US Army algorithm
    -2.40 --- US Marine
    33.86 --- US Navy
    32.01 --- formula created by YMCA

I think I like the lowest one the best. :-)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Basically anyone that can see some muscle definition that they didn't before (while on a calorie deficit) is decreasing body fat therefore their percentage is lowering.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    How much did you start your body fat percentage at? upper 20's

What is is now? 14.4 (per calipers)

How long did it take for you to see your body fat percentage go down? instantly once i started tracking it. but it took me about 3.5 months to get from 21.4 - 14.4 (lost about .5/wk)

What do you think contributed to your body fat decrease? lowering my fat intake, and lifting heavy + light cardio

Anything else you'd care to share on your body fat percentage decrease success story, please do share with us, okay? it hasn't been hard at all (for me) i was never overweight, but probably the "dreaded skinny fat" when i changed things up for myself i was in the 30s in bf - i didn't start tracking til almost 6 mo's later - i give myself cheats when i want to, just moderate them & stay away from those things i know i can't moderate. i could go even harder & loose quicker but i'm VERY happy with my progress & don't feel limited, so it works for me :)
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    How do you all calculate body fat %? An online calculator? I went to our local gym and asked to have it figured, but they said they do not have the calipers? and that they are not an accurate measure anyway. So I am curious what is the best way?

-2.40 --- US Marine
    33.86 --- US Navy

Methods i've used:
    -handheld calipers: i could never get this method during the same time of day so it would fluctuate from 17% 1 day to 24% the next.
    -digital scale: measured increase / decrease accurately but was higher in the actual % (measured in the am before food / water, after going to the bathroom, nakie ;) )
    -bf calipers: gave me the lowest & i think most accurate measurment. measured same as above. consistantly tracked my increase / decrease. I got a pair online for very inexpensive. you measure 3-7 sites (depending upon what online / app calculator you're using) and input the infor + your weight. it kicks out a bf% reading. Best method i've used so far.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

-2.40 --- US Marine
    33.86 --- US Navy

Thanks for posting these!
  • ambernbarrier
    ambernbarrier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So far my life change to eat healthier, exercise more, and drink water more. I have lost 31 pounds, 10 pants sizes, 2 shirt sizes, 3 bra sizes. My bmi went from 51.6 to 46.2. My goal is 25 bmi. My weight goal initially is 150. I started at 300.8 pounds. I have 150.8 pounds to lose. When I get to 150 I will set another goal. My bmi was calculated by this site.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    So far my life change to eat healthier, exercise more, and drink water more. I have lost 31 pounds, 10 pants sizes, 2 shirt sizes, 3 bra sizes. My bmi went from 51.6 to 46.2. My goal is 25 bmi. My weight goal initially is 150. I started at 300.8 pounds. I have 150.8 pounds to lose. When I get to 150 I will set another goal. My bmi was calculated by this site.

Thanks so much for posting!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

31 pounds and 10 pant sizes, 2 shirt sizes and 3 bra sizes....BN! from 51.6 to 48.2???? That is amazing and I'm so proud of you! Thank you so much for posting!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!