motivation REALLY NEEDED!! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Quit finding excuses to not do it and look for some to motivate you. New clothes when you get where your going, a trip, whatever your thing might be, reward yourself if you stick to it.

Now put on those big girl panties, pull them up nice and firm and get moving!!! :laugh:
    what are you talking about, excuses?
    the gym, ok, but what should i do? join a gym for 6 more weeks? i am moving out of country! all the moving stuff, selling, cancelling contracts, personal stuff, my relationship... its hard enough for me right now, joining a gym, explaining them all the stuff that i only need 6 weeks... idk about that.
    but i said i move around as much as i can! extra long dog walks, some little workouts at home if i find some time.

Look up body weight workouts. Aside from walking/running there are all kinds of strength training you can do with just your body weight (not just push ups!)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    "Started dieting" --- diets are temporary. Give up the idea the idea that you are on a diet. Make small, sustainable changes and then just strive to make the best choices you can under the circumstances. I lost 50ish pounds 9 years ago -- I am have maintained it the entire time -- I have gone months making less than stellar choices, but it's been the small things (not drinking soda, finding healthy snacks that I truly enjoy) that have helped me NOT gain it back - even when I am not "on", my lifestyle is vastly different than when I was at my heaviest.
  • rachaelaldora
    rachaelaldora Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i agree with the pictures. Ive lost 60 ponds and i still feel like i havent. I have to physically see the change through pictures in order to sort of get it in my head, i call it "fat brain"
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Quit finding excuses to not do it and look for some to motivate you. New clothes when you get where your going, a trip, whatever your thing might be, reward yourself if you stick to it.

Now put on those big girl panties, pull them up nice and firm and get moving!!! :laugh:
    what are you talking about, excuses?
    the gym, ok, but what should i do? join a gym for 6 more weeks? i am moving out of country! all the moving stuff, selling, cancelling contracts, personal stuff, my relationship... its hard enough for me right now, joining a gym, explaining them all the stuff that i only need 6 weeks... idk about that.
    but i said i move around as much as i can! extra long dog walks, some little workouts at home if i find some time.

Look up body weight workouts. Aside from walking/running there are all kinds of strength training you can do with just your body weight (not just push ups!)

thats what i do at work ;) i work at a office, so i looked up some office workout with only body weight! THANKS!
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    "Started dieting" --- diets are temporary. Give up the idea the idea that you are on a diet. Make small, sustainable changes and then just strive to make the best choices you can under the circumstances. I lost 50ish pounds 9 years ago -- I am have maintained it the entire time -- I have gone months making less than stellar choices, but it's been the small things (not drinking soda, finding healthy snacks that I truly enjoy) that have helped me NOT gain it back - even when I am not "on", my lifestyle is vastly different than when I was at my heaviest.

yes, true, i named it diet, but i already see some lifestyle changes! i crave more healthy stuff then i used to, and thats a good thing!
  • Sil_76
    Sil_76 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Its hard when you go out and eat, the calorie count numbers are out the roof. What I do is split the meal into 2 meals. Half Lunch and have Dinner that way I don't go over. If I go over I work out harder that night. I know, I wont get it right every time and may fail sometimes but I have to get back up. Best wishes
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    thanks for all the help,
    i already made my meal plan for this week, shopping groceries in the morning!
    i already try to split the dining-out meals in halves. or if i eat out, then only fruit the rest of the day.
    i "only" gained 2 lbs back over the past 2 months! but now its time to get back on track!!! HELP STILL APPRECIATED!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i have sent you a friend request! if you accept i will be on your butt like white on rice girl! you want support & encouragement that is what i give! i tell it the way it is so if you can handle the truth & think i can help you!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh where are you moving too? We moved from Ireland to Australia 1.5 years ago(wow how quick that has gone) moving was a great thing for us. It is like you get to start your life all over again. We made sure health was a big part of that. Joined classes to meet new friends and I have lost nearly 40 pounds and my boyfriend over 50 pounds. You can do this. Just get into a routine and there will be no stopping you. Don't over think it just do it.

Good luck.:smile:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    everything you've mentioned walking more ect doesn't mention strength training.
    even body weight exercises at home, or with dumb bells, easy to take with you when you move.
    tons of routines, full body workout done in 30 x 3 a week done.

eat 100g protein, keep a reasonable deficit for your bf, and strength training. done.

I'm doing the same, sometimes i do cardio, sometimes not.
    sometimes i'm eating healthy, sometimes not.
    but usually have the deficit, and do all the other stuff.
    lost tons of inches considering i've only been doing this about a month
    i'm much bigger than you, but i really think you need to simplify your approach.
    plus with all the exercise you'll be getting with moving, packing so on
    you shouldn't need a lot of extra exercise other than wt training.
    just keep your deficit you should be fine.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I respect everyone that says motivation needs to come from within, but for me, having other people keep me in check is where my motivation comes from - as I HATE letting others down, but routinely, without issue, let myself down.

Try making a pact with someone on here? certain number of pounds gone or something similar?

For me my partner promised me things that I have been wanting forever once I get to my goal weight, which keeps me going, I also don't want to let him down.

Find what makes you tick, and use it to help you :-)
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    everything you've mentioned walking more ect doesn't mention strength training.
    even body weight exercises at home, or with dumb bells, easy to take with you when you move.
    tons of routines, full body workout done in 30 x 3 a week done.

eat 100g protein, keep a reasonable deficit for your bf, and strength training. done.

I'm doing the same, sometimes i do cardio, sometimes not.
    sometimes i'm eating healthy, sometimes not.
    but usually have the deficit, and do all the other stuff.
    lost tons of inches considering i've only been doing this about a month
    i'm much bigger than you, but i really think you need to simplify your approach.
    plus with all the exercise you'll be getting with moving, packing so on
    you shouldn't need a lot of extra exercise other than wt training.
    just keep your deficit you should be fine.

i will do enough strength training when i am back home. i was professional volleyball player before i came here, and i will do this again once i am back home.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    Oh where are you moving too? We moved from Ireland to Australia 1.5 years ago(wow how quick that has gone) moving was a great thing for us. It is like you get to start your life all over again. We made sure health was a big part of that. Joined classes to meet new friends and I have lost nearly 40 pounds and my boyfriend over 50 pounds. You can do this. Just get into a routine and there will be no stopping you. Don't over think it just do it.

Good luck.:smile:

i came from germany 3 years ago, now its time to go back where i am from ;)
    my moving isnt that easy, i have to leave my boyfriend behind!