share your 30 Day Shred results, pics???

Options
Been trying to stick with the 30 day shred for a couple years now, but can't get myself to do it everyday. But i love level 1 it is such a great work out. I am curious to see everyone's results from the 30 day shred? I need some motivation!

Replies

• Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 2, day 2 and its a great workout. I have lost a few inches already, and I am starting to see some muscles poking through. My middle feels smaller and my endurance has big-time improved. Stick with it!! You won't regret it!! Add me for motivation if you'd like!!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Day 1•17•30
    F25E2B8D-50DA-4E5E-9E83-43FC1719DCE9-5330-000002D6C9D2A96C.jpg

Just did day 15 of Extreme shed and shred. I highly recommend it if you like 30DS!!
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Day 1•17•30

Just did day 15 of Extreme shed and shred. I highly recommend it if you like 30DS!!
    WOW! That was enough motivation for me! You look fantastic.
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics to share but I finished last week, I did it every single day, not a single break. I lost 12 lbs and 10 total inches (results not typical blah blah blah LOL). I started at 216 and finished at 204 so I do have a lot to lose.
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    I did this last fall and these are the results I got. I tried to do 10 days per level with a rest day in between, but I actually gave myself more rest days than that because it was too much for me to handle (and I am an exercise fanatic!!)... Ate clean 80% of the time, and consumed up to 10 glasses of water each day plus 1200 -1600 calories. Lost 10 lbs and 8-7/8 inches in these 33 days. I did Kickboxing FastFix every other day, walked a few days and did belly dancing on some days.

If you want results, just stick with it and you will see them! I have never seen more fat loss in the belly than with Jillian Michaels! I swear by her! :)

30DSEndRESULTS-Front1_zpse26267bd.jpg
  • blackgirlfit
    blackgirlfit Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    amazing results!! cant wait to start this tomorrow!
  • ShivvyS84
    Options
    Wow these results are FAB! I am on day 16 (day 6 of level 2) and am determined to keep going straight through (no breaks so far). I haven't lost a single lb but I have noticed my stomach is looking 'better'. I don't have a lot to loose (7-10lbs - a stone would be great!) so I'm not sure if it's that? I'm not on a diet but I do eat fairly sensibly and I follow Natalie 90% of the time.... I have read in previous threads that quite a few people don't loose weight until the last 10 days and also as you're building muscle you told water etc etc... In this case, I'm hoping it falls off in the last few days! I plan to then move onto Ripped in 30 afterwards!
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    Jillian recommends a rest day anytime you work out. Your muscles need time to recover and repair every few days. I think you may find better results with at least one rest day. I've listened to several of her podcasts and in every one a callers stated they worked out 7 days a week, Jillian, every single time, has told them to 'tone it down a bit! take a rest day!' So taking her advice, I did the 30DS 4-5 times a week. If you feel you aren't getting a good enough workout, Do something different, like Level 1 & level 2 together. Then let the next day be your rest day.

From the Livestrong Website:

Muscle Repair and Strengthening
    Rest days are crucial to facilitate muscle repair and strengthening. During exercise, you don't build muscle, you break it down. The building process happens during your rest days. Rest days help you recuperate so you can, for example, lift more, run faster and walk longer during your next workout session. Fitness and performance don't start to suffer until you take more than two weeks off of training.
  • roisindubh225
    roisindubh225 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ! you all look great! I'm gonna try and do it five times a week i think. i have two babies so its difficult to get t!he tim to do it
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    Jillian recommends a rest day anytime you work out. Your muscles need time to recover and repair every few days. I think you may find better results with at least one rest day. I've listened to several of her podcasts and in every one a callers stated they worked out 7 days a week, Jillian, every single time, has told them to 'tone it down a bit! take a rest day!' So taking her advice, I did the 30DS 4-5 times a week. If you feel you aren't getting a good enough workout, Do something different, like Level 1 & level 2 together. Then let the next day be your rest day.

From the Livestrong Website:

Muscle Repair and Strengthening
    Rest days are crucial to facilitate muscle repair and strengthening. During exercise, you don't build muscle, you break it down. The building process happens during your rest days. Rest days help you recuperate so you can, for example, lift more, run faster and walk longer during your next workout session. Fitness and performance don't start to suffer until you take more than two weeks off of training.

Thanks for this quote! I was feeling pretty guilty about not doing consistent days of 30DS! This morning I completed L2 day 8 and I hope to move onto L3 in the next few days.....But realistically that will mean the programme takes me more like 6 weeks to complete with the occassional run 1-2 times per week. Do you think that will be ok? I haven't weighed myself for 2 weeks and I havent taken any new photos for a "before & after" finish....I am too worried it will dishearten me! :(
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    Thanks guys ! you all look great! I'm gonna try and do it five times a week i think. i have two babies so its difficult to get t!he tim to do it

I know how that is! I actually only have one, soon to be 4-year old. She loves to work out with me, but I can't focus on what I am doing when she's there. I try to get up and do it when I send my teen off to school at 6:30 am - before she gets up. I definitely see the different type of workout I get when I can focus 100% than when she's 'working out with me'
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    It took me 6 weeks to do 30DS. I'm pretty sure that even though she said do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and level 3 for 10 days, She did not intend for it to be done for 30 days straight. Yes, it's done in 30 days, but not consecutive days! :) Don't feel guilty! I gained 3# the first week and only lost a total of 6#, I think - if I remember right
  • Caaja
    Caaja Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    stupid question..but what is a 30 day shred?? what does it involve? thanks :)
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    stupid question..but what is a 30 day shred?? what does it involve? thanks :)

30 day shred is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels (I love her!!) It has 3 levels, you do each level for 10 days, with a few rest days in the middle. It is circuit training, it has cardio, strength training (with small weights) and ab work. I highly recommend it! If you are willing to push, you will see results! I also really like her DVD Ripped in 30, it is great! :smile:
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    there are 3 circuits to each level - each circuit consists of 3 minues of strength, 2 minutes of cardo and 1 minute of abs. There are no breaks during the levels, so from start to finish with warm up and cool down- it ends up being 27 minutes.
  • ShivvyS84
    Options
    Thanks guys :o) I think I will take a rest tonight as I'm a bit disheartened and demotivated to do it today - I'm also incredibly tired. So may rest tonight and get up and do it tomorrow morning before work. I have read various posts about resting or ploughing through and for me personally I wanted to go straight through as I didn't want my focus to wane! As much as I say I don't want a quick fix or to do a crazy strict diet - I was hoping to notice some changes by now. The main thing for me is to change my body shape and be fitter. But that includes a flat tummy! I will keep on and see it through I'm commited now and am closer to the finish line!
  • MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th day of the 30 DS, the only problem is that my legs feel heave doing the jumping jacks and the butt kicks, Dose anyone have any advice that will help me doing the jacks and kicks.
  • sabbyfairy
    sabbyfairy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time today... I couldn't even get through all of level one even though I can easily curl and press more than 5 pound weights. I think I'm going to go for a run and try harder tomorrow. I'm really hopeful for my results seeing what everyone's posted here. :D
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I don't have progress photos yet, but today I completed Level 1 Day 8. I measured on Day 6 and I have already lost 2 inches around my waist. I've also lost 1 lb.

Excited to see the results on Day 30!
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Day 1•17•30

you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!