Finally looking after my body...

Options
Hello everybody,
I've been using MFP now for a couple of weeks. I've been sticking to the routine and keeping under my calories goal. The thing that I love most about this website is everyone's friendliness to reach the same goal, to be healthier and happy in oneself. I haven't lost any weight yet as I have a problem with fluid retention, like most women it's worse at certain stages of the month. I've always had big ankles because of it and many tears have been shed because I can't do up the sexy knee high boots that my friends wear. I'll get there, I've been researching posts on here regarding water retention and I'm going to try the helpful suggestions made. I'm now in a happy loving relationship with my partner and we have 3 wonderful boys between us. He says I'm lovely as I am, but the cloud over me doesn't shift. Fluid retention, any help would be appreciated and worked. Good luck to everyone on here trying to achieve their goals! Can't wait for the Android app so that I can link it to my phone too!

Replies

• sojourner8
    sojourner8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Samantha - I'm Lisa in NC. Just wanted to say hello as I just joined the site and I think it's cool you're sticking to your routine so far - I have to really push myself for motivation. It's so easy for me to stay on the computer, read, or watch movies (film is a major love of mine).

I also can completely relate to the water retention. I just got though my period (which started at the beach - yeah) and I'm tired of all my clothes feeling tight.

Good luck to you and I hope you keep posting your efforts and projects. Helps me to get off my butt - reading about other folks' efforts.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome

What is your sodium intake like....the maximum should be 2500...however I try to stay closer to 1500, because thats the minimum requirement.....check your sodium and ensure it is ok..and monitor it daily

Too much sodium causes water retention....and also the big ankes you mentioned having

Read this article as well, about drinking water and it mentions some of what I stated about water rentention

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/water.html

Goodluck
  • SamanthaLuigie
    Options
    Hey Lisa! How is it going? Are you keeping to your calorie amount every day? I did a load of exercise today and now totally wiped out. It's the end of the week and am looking forward to a rest this weekend.

I am completely the same, regarding the computer, reading or watching films! I'm a big film buff and when I see the likes of Julia Roberts, Uma Thurman, Hally Berry all looking stunning with their toned figures and tiny ankles I think to myself, " yeah, they've got some... but do you know what... so have I!!" Us normal ladies with our big hips, big ankles and like me chunky monkeys have a lot going for us too.

Keep going Lisa and most of all try and do exercise that you enjoy, dance workouts to your favourite music, same with aerobics. My favourite is walking and light jogging around where I live. I'm lucky to have some great country footpaths in the fields around.
  • SamanthaLuigie
    Options
    Thank you so much for the help and advice, after researching water retention I found out the significance of too much sodium, salt in the diet and that web link that you suggested was brilliant. It made me realize that so many of my problems have been purely because I don't drink the 8 cups of water a day!! I can't believe it, that it's all down to the water. I'm looking forward that 'break through' point. But I am however going to see my GP and get his advice too.

Thank you again for your reply, this site is so friendly and informative. I love it! :flowerforyou: