30 days & down 5 lbs!! what am I doing wrong?

Options
I started March 21st and I have only lost 5 lbs. It says that I should be 134-137 lbs in 5 weeks everyday that I complete my log but I know in one more week I wont lose from 150-135! Ive been below weight and doing Insanity since April 9th.I walk everyday 30-60 mins and I cut out meats except fish since April 1st! I feel better just not at the goal it says I should be..............HELP & ADD ME JENABUGG1

Replies

• Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to that thing. LOL 5lbs in a month is awesome! Just make sure you eat what your body needs, not what the MFP calculator says. Lemme guess, your calories say 1200? I'm pretty darn sure you need more than that just looking at how much you weigh and how much you exercise.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in a month is amazing! :) Congrats!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in 30 days is great! That's over a pound a week.

I looked at a few days of your diary and I'd say you're not eating enough. You should take a look at the road map and get a good idea of what you need to be doing as far as calories per day and such. I've also seen a lot of posts on here where people say you need to be eating pretty well if you're doing Insanity. You have to give your body fuel or you'll run into problems.

You should do a search and read some of the other threads where people are having trouble losing weight. There are a ton of people in the MFP community who really know their stuff. Their advice has sure helped me.

Good luck to you!
  • green_2
    green_2 Posts: 11
    Options
    I think 5 is good. I only am doing 1 pound a week loss, I'm on my 3rd week and so far only lost 2. I'm actually trying to be happy about it. One time I went on a diet with one of the meal plans and I was on it for 3 months and lost only 10 lbs and that was with exercise. Needless to say I gave up on it and after more than a year I'm back. I'd love to have your weight loss to be honest.
  • vanessamcinnis
    vanessamcinnis Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I started March 21st and I have only lost 5 lbs. It says that I should be 134-137 lbs in 5 weeks everyday that I complete my log but I know in one more week I wont lose from 150-135! Ive been below weight and doing Insanity since April 9th.I walk everyday 30-60 mins and I cut out meats except fish since April 1st! I feel better just not at the goal it says I should be..............HELP & ADD ME JENABUGG1

your making great progress...this doesn't come quick!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not eating enough, even without the exercise. With doing Insanity you should be eating a TON more. The goal isn't to eat as few calories as possible, its to eat a reasonable rate to lose weight and to keep your metabolism working well. I overexercised and underate for too long and it took a very long time to fix my metabolism.

By the way, 5 pounds a month is excellent!! You should have for 1 pound a week - the slower you lose the better success you will have at keeping it off.
  • ejay2424
    ejay2424 Posts: 1
    Options
    While doing Insanity, you may be gaining some muscle as well, so you should probably look at your measurements rather than just counting on the scale to track your progress.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

MFP blindly looks at your daily deficit when doing the math to come up with that number; but looking at your diary, you are eating at too much of a deficit, so it can't realistically predict your progress. Past a certain deficit, you aren't going to loose weight faster.

For example, I could (but don't!) eat and record 200 calories a day, and it would show a ridiculous weight loss, it would show me reaching my goal in mere weeks, but that isn't going to happen in reality.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    ::HEAD DESK::

You are losing weight at a totally healthy and awesome pace...and you think you are doing something wrong?

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Five pounds in a month is amazing! Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week, so you're right on track. Also, Insanity is hard on your body meaning you may retain water for muscle repair and the scale won't move as quickly.

One thing though, are you sure you're eating enough? If MFP is telling you you're going to lose 15 pounds in five weeks you must be at a HUGE deficit... possibly to an unhealthy degree. Make sure you're aware of your BMR and TDEE numbers and fuel your body properly.
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are mighty close to your goal so it should take more, but ignore the MFP calculator that says you will be such and such in 5 weeks - it has lied to me consistently *G*.
    I was undereating and had a 5 week stall. I upped my calories and have been losing 2lbs per week, BUT I am 40lbs away from my goal.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 30 days as small as you already are is excellent progress.
  • mmctaw
    mmctaw Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in 30 days is great! That's over a pound a week.

I looked at a few days of your diary and I'd say you're not eating enough. You should take a look at the road map and get a good idea of what you need to be doing as far as calories per day and such. I've also seen a lot of posts on here where people say you need to be eating pretty well if you're doing Insanity. You have to give your body fuel or you'll run into problems.

You should do a search and read some of the other threads where people are having trouble losing weight. There are a ton of people in the MFP community who really know their stuff. Their advice has sure helped me.

Good luck to you!

^^ What he said. I totally and completely agree.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You've lost 1 pound or more per week? CONGRATS!!!!
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs in one week. Your doing something wrong . Either cheat days or have thyroid checked Sometimes if there is a thyroid issue it prevents you from losing weight
  • jenabugg1
    Options
    Yess 1200 per day and i work and dont snack much. If it is like veggie sticks or fiber one bars
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Please eat more. You are starving yourself, and weight loss doesn't have to be that hard. You are doing well. Like another said, do some searching around MFP because this question has been asked and answered.
  • jenabugg1
    Options
    THANK YOU GUYS I TOTALLY AGREE I WILL LISTEN TO ALLLLL OF YHE ADVICE AND EVEN TRY SOMETHING LIKE A SHAKE OR SOMETHING TO SUPPLEMENT IF I CANT HAVE A MEAL BECAUSE I WORK MULTIPLE JOBS AND ITS LATE WHEN I GET OFF SO I DONT WANT TO EAT LATE. BUT PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND ADD ME SO I CAN HAVE GREAT SUPPORT. I DINT WEIGHT OFTEN BUT SINCE INSANITY IT WENT UP TO 155LBS N SINCE LAST FRIDAY I AM 150 IT WAS FROM INSANITY BUT THANK YOUUUUU ALLL :-) :-) :-) :-)