Has anyone tried Sensa?

Options
TT64
TT64 Posts: 115 Member
Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone here has tried Sensa, you know, the appetite suppresant sprinkles always being touted on TV? I see the commercials for it are still on the air, and have been for over a year, so I'm curious to know if they work.
If you have tried them, can you tell a little about them? Like, do they leave an aftertaste in your mouth and did you see a real difference with your appetite?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Noooo... Eat right and exercise and you won't need to waste your money on magic fairy dust.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I tried more veggies and I like them so much I can't even think about having cravings.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    No, but if I'm at a restaurant and I want to stop from over eatting I dump salt all over my food. It's free.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Noooo... Eat right and exercise and you won't need to waste your money on magic fairy dust.

EXACTLY :))))))))
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I was reading this thread just to see if anyone had tried it! Wondering what it actually does to food...
  • green_2
    green_2 Posts: 11
    Options
    Those commercials are really intriguing aren't they? I know I've been wondering about Sensa too. But I've tried the meds, I've tried the meals and they don't work permanently. I doubt Sensa works at least not for someone obese like me. Lap band surgery might be more effective but I'm not fat enough for that my doctor said. T_T So no quick way to get healthy. If everything goes as planned it will take me a year and a half to reach my goal weight. It's so sad... but true.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

this.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Bump..curious if anyone had tried it.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    No, but if I'm at a restaurant and I want to stop from over eatting I dump salt all over my food. It's free.

LOL! So true. :)
  • TT64
    TT64 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I wasn't considering buying it, but am just curious after all the commercials that are still on TV, over a year later, if it worked, or what it was like. Sometimes its just nice to know people's experiences with things that others believed could work. Oh, if it was only that easy! lol
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No way. Are you going to use it forever? What happens when you lose the weight, ditch the Sensa and go back to eating the way you were? Every one of these new "miracles" seems to have the same results - people have some success, then gain back everything they lost (except for the money they spent!) and end up heavier than before.

Better off changing your lifestyle, learn some healthy habits, eat sensibly.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I was reading this thread just to see if anyone had tried it! Wondering what it actually does to food...

You can buy Sensa on Amazon.com. There are loads of 1-star reviews that go into specifics.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tried it actually when I started in January - but I quit within the month. And yes, it worked. I just decided that eating healthy worked too. i wasn't hungry because I was eating the right foods, so the sensa was unnecessary. But it works if you have hunger issues, but I would advise against it.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No but the song is stuck in my head.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    i tried it about a year &1/2 ago. Did the free trial thing, & they even extended the trial for me. Although it did have some flavor, it didn't really alter the taste of the food too much. They were pretty confident in their product though, so they offered to extend some more for me for free, and I think I tried it 1 more month (like a month &1/2 total or something,) but it didn't work for me. I know they explain how it's supposed to work (suppressing appetite/ eating less food) but I didn't really see a difference in anything.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, since I had no intention of buying it, I did some research and some of the possible side effects weren't very good. Check it out first if interested.
  • KatNewby
    KatNewby Posts: 26
    Options
    I've never tried it, but perhaps you could try ditching any and all junk food. I know that, at least for me, if I allow myself a cheat it makes me much more hungry than if I had eaten sensibly. Now, if I feel like something savory, I'll eat a handful of plain almonds. It usually does the trick. Or if I want something sweet, grapes really help.

I also totally second the statement about ruining the remaining food on a plate if you feel physically full, but still have the urge to finish it. I pour water on mine, but I suppose salt would work too.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Our food has enough chemicals in it already, no need to dump chemical dust on your food so you get the sensation to stop eating. Exercise your own control and don't buy into the diet industry gimmicks that will probably in the long run turn out to be toxic for you.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Not sure how it works, or what it does.

But if appetite suppression is your goal, honestly, youd be better off filling up on veggies.

You can eat a ton of veggies and still not even go over 200 calories. I mean you could eat several cucumbers, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, radishes, bell peppers, etc. etc. and hardly put a dent into your calories for the day. Plus youd be getting all them vitamins and fiber.