Heart Monitor Watches

Options
I have been seeing people talking about them a bit on here and I am thinking about getting one. I don't know what is a good brand to go with. Any info would be very helpful. Thanks :)

Replies

• Mom3LoveBugs
    Mom3LoveBugs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar and love it... it was just over $100
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    A great blog on the topic - what you need to know before purchasing one
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak?month=201003
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use a Mio Active Connect.. I love it!
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I bought one that was almost $100 couldn't figure it out for nothing, nor could my husband or 3 co-workers. Found another one Sportsline 660 for $55 at Wal-Mart with chest band, I LOVE it!! Super easy to use and I've learned I burn way more than the machines say I do.
  • Tehya85
    Tehya85 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a Garmin 410 and I love it. It is quite large but it's opened up a whole new world for me!
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've used both the Polar FT4 and Polar FT60. The FT4 is very basic and I found the tracking on the FT60 to be more accurate and more motivating overall (it compares old data, lets you set goals, etc)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I love my Pyle Sports HRM PHRM38. It seems to be a great hrm for those on a budget. I have the pink version, but it comes in other collars.

Features:
    - Time/Date
    - Present HR
    - Max HR
    - Avg HR
    - Target Zone Setting
    - 1/100 sec stopwatch
    - Calories Burnt
    - Daily Alarm
    - User Setting (age, weight, vo2 max)
    - Led backlight
    - Energy Saving Function
    - Display Off
    - Water Resistant 33 feet/10 meters/1 ATM
    - ability to change battery in chest strap and watch

The only problem I have with it is the watch is pretty big. They didn't scale it down for a female, but I can't complain too much when I only paid $26 for it. I would have gone with a polar, but I'm on a tight budget and this seems to work well. It doesn't have all the features of the more expensive ones.
  • _tjh1991
    _tjh1991 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Rhythm Sosche (might be spelt wrong!) which goes on your arm below your elbow and feeds through to your iphone, I love it, being able to see GPS of where i've walked, my speed etc, KM's, cals, pace etc etc. Well priced too.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Dont forget the chest strap :)
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I too just bought a MIO and tried it today. It worked great! Heart rate monitor, pedometer, calories, etc... I paid $40 online. My friends got their Sportsline, same functions, at Walmart for $30, also like it. :smile:
  • _tjh1991
    _tjh1991 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Should add the Rhythm doesn't use a chest strap, it gets your heart rate from the pulse in your arm, but you can purchase a chest strap to go with it if you wish, i find it accurate off my arm though
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is with the masses POLAR! Only because I have had my trusty polar for 5 years now, no probs. I love it. Keeps a diary of my weekly workouts, time worked out, calories burned, average heart rate, etc. I do have a chest strap and I recommend purchasing an HRM with a chest strap.

I recently purchased a random hrm with a chest strap for hubby because it was only $30 and I wasn't sure if he was going to use it. Anyway after only 5 minutes of working out, it said he burned 219 calories. BULL!!! My Polar told me 21 calories in 5 minutes, which is more like it. Anyhow, good look and if you are serious about being healthy and losing weight, make it an investment, go with the POLAR.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    A great blog on the topic - what you need to know before purchasing one
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak?month=201003

• Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I really know nothing about them and only heard about them a few days ago. Very helpful info.