Breathing Trouble...anaphylaxis?

Options
Lately I have had trouble breathing. I have been stressed with graduation approaching so I thought that maybe the stress was just heightening my asthma. Sometimes it will wake me up in the night, or I will be unable to fall asleep. Sometimes I notice I am taking really deep breaths during the day and feel like I still am not getting enough oxygen.

I woke up fine today but then shortly after having milk my breathing was super hard and I actually started getting hot flashes and my heart a little racy (may have been because I was worried ha). I think this was the worst I've felt it yet.

I started reflecting on my diet lately and realized I have had milk a lot lately. I grew up on milk but haven't drank it near as much since I moved for school. I think I have subconsciously been drinking it more because its a comfort food, and also when I'm busy a bowl of cereal is fairly quick/easy.

I was reading online about milk allergies and it mentioned anaphylaxis and the difficulty of breathing. I am not sure if what I've been experiencing falls under that category or not. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. I probably need to see my doctor, but may not be able to for a few weeks. I want to know if there are other foods I should be avoiding as well.

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you should avoid dairy altogether until you can get to a doctor.
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I guess that's the best option for right now...