Baking healthy treats

Options
Hi Everyone!
I love to bake yummy treats, but I can often eat a little too much of what I make (banana bread and muffins are my faves). Do any of you have ideas of how to keep baking but more healthy foods? I've been experimenting with Greek yogurt substitutions, flax meal, and whole wheat flour. Any other ideas to help a girl out?
Thanks!

Replies

• wendiebradley
    Options
    I've been substituting organic unsweetened applesauce for oil and it works great! I usually will substitute 3:1 and you can't tell the difference. I also like to make mini muffins so you get two or three and feel satisfied.
  • hezrock
    hezrock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Applesauce and yogurt are good substitutes, but you have to be careful you don't take too much of the "yummy" out of the occasion.

Have you seen Skinny Taste? http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • leslieba09
    Options
    Oooh, thanks! I'll check that site out. :)
  • Zobby85
    Zobby85 Posts: 4
    Options
    www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com

This site is awesome for healthier desserts!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com

This site is awesome for healthier desserts!

I was going to recommend this as well. She has smaller serving portions made with healthy ingredients. I also throw chia seeds or milled flax seeds in just about everything I bake. I used a store corn bread mix and added milled flax seed. Every time I bake cookie I add chia seeds now. I keep a chia seed gel in my fridge to add to pasta sauces and other soups and sauces as well.