Green Giant Just for Ones

Options
I've recently found these in my local freezer. Has anyone seen/tried them? I know they make a cauliflower and cheese (which is the only one ive had) which is 40 calories per tray, broccoli and cheese, corn, and some others.

If you've tried them...what do you think?

Would it be weird also to have two trays at once, even as a snack? That sounds like a lot of food quantity wise...but 40 calories doesn't seem like enough for me. I try to get about 100/snack. Would I be able to eat 2? Or is one filling?

Just thoughts on these in general?

:)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yummy. I like to dump one over a baked potato. Maybe add a little ham or imitation crab.

Or mix w/brown rice. Or have plain.

They're pretty small - 2 would still be reasonable as a snack.
  • peaceloveabby
    Options
    I had one of the cauliflower ones for a snack today because I ate a lot today haha but tomorrow I was thinking I liked it so much to have another. These are the 40 calorie ones and in my meal plan for tomorrow I really need closer to 100. So I figured...eat 2...but I don't know if that would be possible or if they're just too filling. You think it would still make a snack rather than like a meal if I made two and dumped them into one bowl and ate?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I get the broccolli and cheese ones and bring them to work as side dishes from time to time, they are good but not very filling, makes a good side for chicken or fish.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    They are good, but I've seen other brands of larger family sized bags that would be a better deal for your money.
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love the broccoli w/ cheese and the cauliflower w/ cheese. I keep them in the freezer at home all the time. They are great to take to work for lunch to go with leftover chicken, turkey, etc. I think they make a great snack, especially if you are like me and don't always have time to prepare fresh veggies in the morning.
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Why pay the money? I love the idea of veggies as a snack - but you can do the same thing for WAY cheaper than their boxed version.
  • peaceloveabby
    Options
    I love the broccoli w/ cheese and the cauliflower w/ cheese. I keep them in the freezer at home all the time. They are great to take to work for lunch to go with leftover chicken, turkey, etc. I think they make a great snack, especially if you are like me and don't always have time to prepare fresh veggies in the morning.

I nevvvver have time in the morning haha that's the beauty of these babies. I'm just wondering if you think you could have 2 of em as a snack rather than just one. I enjoy the taste of the cauliflower one a lot but 40 calories really isn't seeming like enough to me. 80-100 is my snack goal, so two fits perfect...but I'm afraid it'll be too much food..?
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options

I nevvvver have time in the morning haha that's the beauty of these babies. I'm just wondering if you think you could have 2 of em as a snack rather than just one. I enjoy the taste of the cauliflower one a lot but 40 calories really isn't seeming like enough to me. 80-100 is my snack goal, so two fits perfect...but I'm afraid it'll be too much food..?

I too like these, the convenience of them is why I love them. I don't think two would be too much food, think of it this way... It's vegetables.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I buy the individual serving size bags all the time & throw in a can of tuna. Quick & easy meal and I get some protein.
  • peaceloveabby
    Options
    I buy the individual serving size bags all the time & throw in a can of tuna. Quick & easy meal and I get some protein.

I like this idea!!