crossfit and diary question...

Options
I've searched past threads for an answer to this as im sure its been answered before, but what do I put crossfit under in my diary? Its my first class tonight....little nervous.

Replies

• diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You don't. MFP "exercise" tracking is specifically designed to accomodate cardio bunnies.

You can add "custom" workouts, but I wish you the best of luck getting an accurate calorie count out of it.

Just track your strength sessions and WODs on wodify or BTW or whatever app your box prefers. MFP is for food logging and wasting time on message boards.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Just track your strength sessions and WODs on wodify or BTW or whatever app your box prefers. MFP is for food logging and wasting time on message boards.
    O_o ... crossfit newbie, no idea what a WOD or BTW is? But thanks guess ill hafta invest in hrm soon.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    "Workout Of (the) Day" - this is the main workout scheduled at the end of the session.
    "Beyond The Whiteboard" - a web app that many CF gyms use to track their members' progress.

Incidentally, if you're going to do CF, please tell your coach no to any of the following:
    - High rep box jumps
    - High rep jumping pullups
    - High rep GHD situps
    - ANY rep sumo deadlift high pulls.

Remove those movements from crossfit and you'll end up with a solid strength & conditioning program that doesn't injure people permanently.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate the advice!