Struggling to get out of 260/258 range

Options
For the last 3 weeks or so I have been stuck in the 260-258 pound range, it just keeps going back and forth and back and forth! I was losing constantly about 1-2 pounds a week and have lost 20 pounds so far. Is there anything I should be doing differently? It seems too early to plateau. I slip up a little on weekends but I also did when before and was still able to lose 20 pounds fine. Help pls QQ I try to eat 1400-1800 calories a day and exercise for 50 minutes of cardio 5 days week and 20 minutes of lifting.

Replies

• jennypenny24
    jennypenny24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem happen to me. I decided to start trying to lose weight in November of last year and everything was going great in the beginning. I lost 5 pounds and continued eating healthy and doing turbo jam 5 times a week and, exactly what I was doing to lose those first 5 pounds but despite that I gained the 5 pounds back and I couldn't understand it. For the next 2 months I gained and lost the same 3-5 pounds and began to get frustrated and I was going to give up completely until I read up on the atkins diet. I did the 20 carb a day for 14 days and that actually really jump started my weight loss. I've lost 15 pounds so far and I know that I wouldn't have gotten that far if I was still eating large amounts of carbs like I was unassumingly doing when I first started back in November. Today I keep my carb intake at 60 but that's only until I lose all the weight I want to lose.

Maybe this will help?
  • Kalielspinner
    Options
    Give your calorie choices a good going over. There may be something there that is messing with your thyroid a bit....Look at your vitamin D.... You may have done it already but make a trip to Natural news . com...search losing weight articles... You'll find that perhaps focusing on getting healthy and conditioned may be more rewarding than watching a scale. Then -when you're not looking - It'll happen that your clothes are too loose..

Oh, and weekends count too...it sucks, but they do.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I went high protein (macro at 40%), my intake sits around 2000 k/cals, I commit myself to high intensity, advanced exercise six days a week (Insanity), increased water intake (12 cups a day +) and made sure I get my vitamins.

And the weight started coming off.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Ye, It's driving me nuts already! I increased my resistance and speed today at the gym, hopefully it will help me burn a few more calories. Any more suggestions to would can bump my weight loss again?! >.< Maybe I should try more vitamins as well.