New to site and new to diet! Need Motivation!

Options
:smile: Okay so my name is Andrea. I am 26 years old and I started this site about 2 days ago. I've been trying to loose weight for about a month now and I lost 8 lbs got discouraged and gained 5 lbs back. My main problem is my belly lol yeah i'm sure i'm not the only one. Another problem I am having is that the more I work out the more I loose my butt. Thats a no no for me so if anyone has advice please share. Also I am looking for some new friends on here that are serious about loosing even if they are like me and have a cheat day or sometimes sneak a candybar or 2. If anyone on here are curretly taking a suplement with their diet that works please share. I don't want any suggestion from those that are selling the products , only bc I feel as though you will tell me anything to get a sell and loosing weight is serious to me. Also for those that workout using youtube videos please share bc I love youtube.I am so excited and I can't wait to become fitness pals with you all.:smile:

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    So motivation actually comes from you. People can tell you about all the great things that exercise, eating right, blah, blah, blah can do for you, but YOU decide when and how bad you want it. People can "inspire" you.
    Don't want to lose the butt while losing weight? Then you need to hit the weights. But not to dis illusion you, body fat comes off where your body dictates it does. You don't have any control over it. The only real way to spot reduce fat from an area is through lipo.
    Do it right. Lift some weights do some cardio and eat at a moderate calorie deficit............................CONSISTENTLY.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • starryvagabond
    starryvagabond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and congrats on deciding to take control of your weight! I'm not really sure how to exercise and not lose your butt but I'm sure someone here knows. I love giving motivation and I love offering any help I can give... I'll friend you :)
  • Sweetnessss87
    Sweetnessss87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @ninebruh. Than you so much. I will try lifting some weight bc I dont feel as though squats are working for me. I started taking maca root but I think this might be the reason why i'm not loosing alot of weight. I've noticed a change for the good and bad with taking these.
  • Sweetnessss87
    Sweetnessss87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @star. Thanks for the friend request. I'm so excited about dropping pounds together.
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss journey, I don't believe you can control which part of your body you can lose weight from, however you can control the toning and muscle building exercises so get doing your glute exercises for your booty. :drinker: