Bad Weekend :(

Options
I went away for a teaching course over the weekend (very long days and very active) and didnt record anything that I ate. Just got into the office this morning and thought that I would add what I can remember and Sunday I ate double what I should!!!!

Can't believe how easy it is to lose track of what you are putting in your mouth and how certain foods that you think can't do any harm, do when you add them altogether!

Back on it today. Have planned today's and tomorrow's meals so I know I will be around my calorie intake. Gone over today by 100 because I hit Costa's for some coffee before I realised how bad I was yesterday.

Onwards and upwards!!!!

Replies

• sexymuffintop
    Options
    Ah meh, it's easily done, especially if you are only eating 1200 calories a day. Bare in mind that the average active women can maintain on 2000+ calories I wouldn't worry too much.
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You will do fine, these things happen, just don't dwell on it too much.

You can do better this week and you will, you have already done so much you should be proud of just keep it up

x
  • new_nathalie
    new_nathalie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, don't worry about it. Just keep logging to see you have done.
    And for that extra 100 cal today, it is ok, just exercise for 30mn they will be easily gone.

Good luck
  • biscuitcr12
    Options
    Thanks Both,

I have to admit this is probably my 4th attempt to lose weight. Have tried weightwatchers, Boots etc.

I am really determined this time because I have picked up a lot of bad habits and I am beginning to feel less than healthy. I have a scan for gallstones soon and also a blood test to check the liver (Dr thinks all will be OK but I am nervous as hell).

I am going to be really gutted if I have damaged my body through being lazy and not caring!
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Thanks Both,

I have to admit this is probably my 4th attempt to lose weight. Have tried weightwatchers, Boots etc.

I am really determined this time because I have picked up a lot of bad habits and I am beginning to feel less than healthy. I have a scan for gallstones soon and also a blood test to check the liver (Dr thinks all will be OK but I am nervous as hell).

I am going to be really gutted if I have damaged my body through being lazy and not caring!

Most things are repairable with care and treating your body with respect. Try not to stress about it too much, as stress hurts the body too lol. Good luck x
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request xx
  • tomhrvy
    tomhrvy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i think you need days like that and should plan for them. On 1200 cals a day i planned on creating a 7000 cal deficit a week (which is about 2 lbs in weight) so even if 2 days a week i ate (or exceeded) my maintenance calories that's was still about a 5000 cal deficit a week, which is about 1.5 lbs. I think that's more than acceptable and you still get to enjoy yourself at the weekend. don't be so hard on yourself =)

i plotted my calorie intake in excel and you can see i ate over and above my maintenance calories lots of times and as long as you are good 80% of the time it's perfectly fine

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/961139-custom-calorie-intake-vs-weight-loss-report
    or
    http://www.scratchwebs.com/mfp
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Please don't lose heart.

I've just had my first weekend since joining MFP and it has not been pretty. I've had loads of treats and it felt like I'd undone a week's worth of hard work.

But then I took stock of reality- I don't intend to weigh-in until Thursday (a week after signing up) but I decided, in the interests of learning what this weekend binge does to my body, to have a intermediate weigh-in. I still weigh less than I started at.
    I'm finding, even after just a week's exercise, that I feel and look better. My favourite leggings have stopped rolling down under my belly with the strain.

You probably haven't done even a fraction of the damage to your diet that you thought, and now you can simply pick up where you left off. The important thing is that that weekend is not the end of your efforts to be healthy and lose weight.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you've learned something :)

Now the question is what are you going to do with that knowledge? How will you make sure that it doesn't happen again? And since it's your fourth attempt at weight loss also think about how you are going to make sure this is the last time as well? Make a plan for the future, it'll help you a lot :)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you've learned something :)

Now the question is what are you going to do with that knowledge? How will you make sure that it doesn't happen again? And since it's your fourth attempt at weight loss also think about how you are going to make sure this is the last time as well? Make a plan for the future, it'll help you a lot :)

^This.

You can either view events in life as a series of setbacks - or as valuable learning experiences that can shape you for the better.

It's all a matter of perspective and the fact that you end up saying "Onwards and Upwards" shows that you instinctively grasp this. That's the right attitude and one that will lead you to success if you follow it.