Brand New here - 31 yr old mom to a toddler

Options
Hi Everyone....

My name is Angie. One of my friends mentioned this site/app, so I thought I would check it out!

I have an active 17month old little girl. I easily lost the baby weight, but Im sitting between 155-160lbs, and I want to get down to about 130. This is still the heaviest I have been (non-pregnant).

I am home all day with my little girl and I own and run 2 business as well, so finding time to exercise is SO hard.... but it is time to lose the excuses and just make time. :)

Just looking for new friends to inspire me and keep me motivated and accountable... and that I can help to do the same for!

~Angie

Replies

• kapot
    kapot Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi, mother of a toddler too and targeting similar weight. You can add me.
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    Hi,

I am a 35 yr old mother of a 6 year old and 8 month old. Looking to lose the same amount of weight and get down to 130 as well. You can add me as a friend.
  • anndello1
    Options
    Hi all my names Ann

Just came across this site and it looks great. I'm a mum of 14yr old twin boys and always been a yo-yo dieter. Hoping to get it off for good this time. I've put on 49lb in the last year due to depression. Feeling a lot better now so time to go for it!!!! Please add me I can do with all the motivation I can get.
  • adhblake
    adhblake Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So nice to meet all of y'all and I just sent over friend requests! :)
  • arvaughn13
    Options
    Hi, I am Ashley. I am 30 and have a 2 year old son. He is the reason I am losing the weight (unlike you I am fighting a lifelong serious weight issue). So far I've lost 52 lbs in the past 8 weeks. Love MFP and I also use a Fitbit pedometer. I'm so glad spring is here and we can get out and play!
  • adhblake
    adhblake Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Ashley. I am 30 and have a 2 year old son. He is the reason I am losing the weight (unlike you I am fighting a lifelong serious weight issue). So far I've lost 52 lbs in the past 8 weeks. Love MFP and I also use a Fitbit pedometer. I'm so glad spring is here and we can get out and play!

Congrats on losing 52lbs! That's awesome!
    Do you love your Fitbit? I have been debating on buying one.
  • cassielu28
    Options
    Hi, I am new too. I am 6 feet tall, 34 years old, and I have 5 kids. My 5th is going on 6 weeks old, so I haven't really been exercising yet. My weight is dropping off slower after each pregnancy and this time I have been stuck at 200 for about three weeks which is very frustrating to me. My goal is 150. My big weakness is not so much overeating in general but mostly sweets, especially chocolate, are really hard for me to resist. Lately I have allowed myself one treat per day which is much less than I had been doing before, and I have stopped drinking sodas and juices in favor of water, so I would have thought that would make a difference but so far I am still at 200. Hopefully as I am able to exercise more I can get some of this weight off. I have not been counting calories though because I am breastfeeding, but maybe I should start doing that. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get on here every day but I'd like to see what I can do.
  • chriswhudson
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories BURNED to lose 1lb. for example:
    if you ate 2800 cal a day x7days = 19600 calories consumed a week
    if you burned 3200 cal a day x 7days = 22,400 calories burned a week
    22,400 -19600=2,800 net burned for the week it's not quite a lb lost but it's .8 lost

How do you know what you burn a day? look up BMR and enter your body data. I know all the pills and stuff the world promotes sound great, none of them work, they only increase the amounts of calories burned a day by small amounts and supress your appetite, but if you don't know your basic calorie intake or your basic burn a day, nothing can help you manage the outcome. I explain this to say that I have lost 45lbs in 6 months and I work out roughly twice a week, but walk 3 miles 3 days a week in the summer............hope this helps.................
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I miss the days toddling! =) How exciting!
  • melissa221979
    melissa221979 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there, im 33 and mum to a 22 month old toddler and a 4 week old! I lost all my pregancy weight previously with my toddler using MFP and am back to lose this lot too. Got around 45lb to lose and looking to resume swimming and take up running too.
  • la4real
    la4real Posts: 2
    Options
    Working mum, Busy busy Need to loose baby fat and stay healthy, my son is 13 months old,that is my story, I also need motivation to loose 22 pounds , I want to start running tomorrow, and am hoping I can stay motivated
  • Jelly29
    Jelly29 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I am new too :happy:

I'm almost 30 (July 1st) and a working mum to two gorgeous girls Amelia (5) and Felicity (3). I'm 170cms, started a week ago on MFP at 154 pounds and now at 148 pounds. Also trying to get to 130 pounds, hopefully in time for my birthday.

The truth is I went from 174 pounds when Felicity was 9 months down to 125 pounds by the time she was 18 months and slowly but surely the weight has crept back on over the last 18 months so I thought before it gets any worse I would nip it in the butt.

I'm also hoping to run my first half marathon on 2nd June so training quite a bit which is helping the weight loss.

Is anyone else on just 1200 calories a day? I have to admit I found it quite hard at first, feels like hardly anything to eat which makes me think my portion sizes were way too large before I started this. At least with a good run I can eat an additional 400+ calories. It's nice when you get to the end of the day and find you've got extra calories; it means I can have a couple of biscuits with my cup of tea before bed (just call me 'granny' lol).

Would love to know where you guys are from... I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand.

Look forward to chatting with everyone and keeping each other motivated.

Alley
  • staryeyed214
    staryeyed214 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have been on and off this site for a while now. I get really motivated to log my food but then just lose interest in it. I am 31 yrs old with a almost 4 yr old little girl. I am a stay at home mom and a full time student. I am still trying to loose the 75 lbs that I put on with my daughter. I would really love to get back in the shape that I was in the military. My goal weight is 135 lbs.