Ready for a thinner, healthier me.

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Traci and a friend of mine told me about this site and said she was going to try it. I really need encouragement and advise. I am 43 years old and have weight issues most of my life, smaller then heavier, then smaller then heavier again. I don't really have the encouragement and support at home so I'm seeking some here. I am very unhappy with myself and don't like what I see when I look in the mirror. I have a few health issues, but I think if I lose weight and get a healthier out look on things it will help with those issues. My doctor wanted me to do the Southbeach diet, but I'm not in to reading the book. And it didn't get my attention so, here I am. Ready to find a healthier thinner me. Let's GO!!

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the message boards and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them. Your new friends on MFP will want to hear about your progress and answer your questions.....they will support you and be willing to listen endlessly to your thoughts and feelings about your new life style. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • christihiggins
    Options
    I think it is fantastic that you are committed to getting healthier! I'll be support for you...friend request me :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I support you. Friend me if you wish! I think it would be good to have a "family meeting" about being healtier as a family - eating right and staying active. The support would be GREAT! Not to mention it would be easier to cook healthy family meals with everyone on board. That does not mean all salads or yucky food either. There are great recipes in the Message Board Recipe section PLUS many sites that have great family recipes. Here are a few:

www.hungry-girl.com

www.eatingwell.com

http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-appetite-with-ellie-krieger/index.html

www.eatbetteramerica.com

Sometimes you just have to surprise them! Good luck!
  • CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    you truely have choose the best site!!! the people here are amazing i spend about 1 hour aday (back and to) you do really get out what you put in and then more you truely do make friends

so dont be shy get involved with other feel free to add me as a friend

good luck hun """""""!!!!!!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your healthy journey! I joined the site a couple of months ago and it has been a big help to me. I have really learned a lot about what I have been eating and how to get to a healthier me. The people on here are great too! You can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • telg1980
    telg1980 Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new here too and I LOVE it here already!!!!
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    I will definatly support you. Friend request me :smile:
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!!!! I think you are really going to like this site I know I do. I also have been big my whole life and just kept getting

bigger. I am done 19 pounds already and feeling better everyday. Please feel free to friend me and I will be happy to help each

other with our goals.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    welcome welcome...i just joined a group today

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/106880-beach-beauties-ii

I think is is a good group for begginers as you are setting your daily goals and the group goals help you with some baiscs, water and weekly weigh ins. Just an idea.
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    Hi Traci. Welcome aboard! You found the right place for encouragement and support. As barbiecat said, take small steps as this is not a diet-it is a new way of life. That really is one of the keys to success. Feel free to friend me also. Best wishes on your journey. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your goal!