NSV Mom I think you're awesome

Options
My younger son wanted to play catch or hit a ball this weekend. This is something I have a tendency to avoid because I am just no good at it. Used to be when I was young but I have issues with my shoulder that make it hard to throw a ball with any accuracy anymore. But it was a beautiful day and I just couldn't say no. I only had about 20 minutes before I had to go pick up my older son. So I pitched him a few balls and that was fine. Then he wanted to play catch so he dug out some mitts. Oh my but I was awful. It seems hard to believe that you can forget how to throw overhand but it was apparent that this was a skill I will have to relearn. After apologizing many times for letting the ball go too late and throwing it short, I mumble something about being awful and my dear sweet boy says, no Mom you are not awful I think you are awesome. I always wanted to play catch with you and now you can.

See sometimes losing weight is about just that, being able to share a moment. Being able to be active with my kids. Not being stuck inside on a beautiful day because I don't feel I have anything to offer them because I am so slow and ackward. Sometimes it is about being "awesome" just to spend time together even when you can't throw a ball.

Replies

• icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That is the best success story i read this morning. That is what it is all about. When my son was in middle school he told me he was happy I took care of myself.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Best story- I am so happy for you!
  • npetercmway
    Options
    Thanks! He definately made me smile!
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Awwww, he's (and you) have me smiling too! That is wonderful!
  • tgdillon
    tgdillon Posts: 35
    Options
    these are the moments that really keep you going.
  • Photomandy
    Photomandy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is SO sweet - and touching.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is a great story! Thanks for sharing!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    It's the little things that the kids remember and make special times for them & sounds like for you too! That's a great NSV!!!
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is the best nsv I have EVER read!!!! You are awesome!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best NSV's ever! Great moment for you!
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome story for an awesome person! Keep it up!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    your son is an awesome gentleman!!! and you rock. This is one of the best NSV's i've heard! Brought a tear to my eye, that you are raising a young man who knows when a kind and supportive word will go miles!!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What a special son you have! Congratulations on a job well done in losing weight and raising a loving, caring child.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Favorite NSV, perhaps ever! Love it!!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    And there you have it.

You are giving your son, yourself and your family a wonderful gift by taking care of yourself and making these changes.

Well done.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Loving this!
  • Fat2FitACE
    Options
    This made me smile! :bigsmile:

Congrats
  • Fat2FitACE
    Options

Congrats on
  • Fat2FitACE
    Options

Congrats on your
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!