The first time I can notice a loss

Options
quicklabs
quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
Here I am, about 70 lbs different. In the before, I am "dolled up" trying to look my best at a weight north of 230. In the second taken yesterday, I'm at 165 and not wearing any make up at all and attired in a tee shirt and old pants, which are three or four sizes too big because I haven't bought any new ones . (The tie dye is an agility thing! LOL) Before I saw this, I never thought I looked any different when I looked in the mirror. I just kept seeing an old fat woman. I guess I was wrong. Plus, I always look better when I'm with my sweet dog, Grace. Need to lose about another 25....

Meatmyheaviest230-2.jpg

MeandGraceweightlossC5.jpg

Replies

• shellebelle79
    shellebelle79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be very proud of yourself, you look younger too! Way to go!!
  • quicklabs
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be very proud of yourself, you look younger too! Way to go!!

Thank you! It is so hard to see the changes in myself, though the younger appearance may also be from my new haircolor! I am 55 years old.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look great! In the second photo, you look so much younger and happier.

I love your 'Gracie', she's so sweet looking. :smile:
  • quicklabs
    Options
    Thanks so much.
    You look great! In the second photo, you look so much younger and happier.
    Running agility with Grace always makes me happy!

I love your 'Gracie', she's so sweet looking. :smile:

Thank you. Though she is a tremendous athlete, none of that compares to her sweetness. None of her championships are worth as much as a single one of her smiles.
  • Phyllis4701
    Phyllis4701 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look awesome lady.... I also think you look soo much younger in the second picture. You've hard for this and I know you are proud.. I would've never thought you look 55 in the second piucture :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Love seeing before/afters with such complete transformation!

Enjoy your shopping trip, you really need few new clothes to show off that fit figure now :)
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    the weight loss has taken ten years off you, at least!
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!!
  • debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone has stated....you look FANTASTIC :) How did you do it....if you don't mind sharing?
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You're looking great, what an achievement, you must be so proud of yourself!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look fantastic! And cute pup too!
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    Please go out and get your self some new clothes! I was going to say "treat yourself" but it's not a treat - it's a necessity for keeping your fabulous shape! It's no wonder you don't see yourself as any smaller when you are still putting on the same pants! Of course you're going to see what you've always seen. I've recently had an epiphany in that I think a factor in why we tend to yo-yo so much is we never let go of the old, larger self. As long as we hold onto the larger shell of ourselves, we will ultimately fill up that shell all over again! Take some time to actually FEEL like it feels to be in your body now, and then honour it and dress it appropriately!

(And please don't think this has anything to do with your outfit - go get the exact same pants if you love them - in 4 sizes smaller!!)
  • quicklabs
    Options
    Thank you.
    I credit a couple things to my success so far. First, meal planning. I use an on-line meal planner at emeals.com. They provide weekly meal plans and shopping lists for dinners. That helps me control portions and it also keeps me from buying junky foods. I use a Natural and Organic plan, so it's full of lots of fruits and veggies, with very limited processed foods. The dinners are very tasty and easy to prepare. As a result, I learned a lot about what's a normal portion and how to use good quality ingredients in my cooking. Plus, I don't have a lot of "extra" food around. Emeals charges about $50/year for their service; I used a Groupon and got it 1/2 off! It is worth every cent to me, even at twice the price. I started exercising. I need bilateral knee replacements (just had arthroscopic surgery 7 weeks ago), so I have to go low impact. I use a stationary bike and an elliptical that I have at home. I also do seated chair exercises and use 3 lb free weights for upper body toning. Of course, I truthfully log everything I eat. I eat back 1/2 to 3/4 of my exercise calories each day. My husband has been very supportive as well. He's lost 25 lbs so far. MFP has been great because of the encouragement and inspirtation from others. I also look at this as a lifelong health pursuit, rather than a diet. I will probably need to log foods for the indefinite future, even when I reach my ultimate "goal" and work on maintenance. Again. Thanks for the nice comments.
    Just like everyone has stated....you look FANTASTIC :) How did you do it....if you don't mind sharing?
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    First time you have seen a difference. You must have had your eyes closed for quite a while. Now go buy yourself some new clothes for 2 reasons.

1 you are totally worth it
    2 you will notice a huge difference.

Those clothes are way too big. Once you get clothes that actually fit you, you and everyone around will notice your HUGE weight loss. Enjoy it and quit hiding behind clothes that are too baggy.

Congratulations.
  • scoutbelly
    scoutbelly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look at least 10 years younger, and it has nothing to do with your hair!
  • Marigoldie
    Marigoldie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! You have made me smile this morning and inspired me! Thank you for sharing!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Well, FINALLY I get to see what you look like! All I ever see are pics of your (gorgeous, beautiful, talented) dogs! LOL

My dear, you look amazing, and I love how supportive you are to me and everyone else on your friends list. I couldn't be happier for you!!! Love you! xo
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! great job! and your dog is adorable..she looks like such a kind soul!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great!!!
  • Switzer12
    Switzer12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What a great job you have done. Good for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!