New Member! Any girls who are doing well on here?

Options
Hey!

New to this app, I've tried plenty of times to lose the extra baby weight but I give in after a week. I want fast results that's my problem. Any ladies out there that can motivate me to keep to it and let me know what works for you?

Replies

• lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Fast results are not the way to go. You''ll either give up, create unreal expectations or use some sort of diet that is not sustainable and just gain everything back.
    I don't know if I'm really a success because I don't have to lose as much as some of the others on here (Some have lost hundreds of pounds!!! :noway: ) but I started a few days before 2013 New Years. I have lost 33lbs, so far. I mess up some days but my success is always getting back on track and never letting a mess up day ruin the whole thing or make me give up. I don't let fluctuation bother me, and the best part is: I AM ALWAYS FULL. I never feel like I am starving myself, ever. Sometimes it's hard to reach my cals and sometimes it's hard to stay under, but I always find a balance :)
    I hope you can do the same! My side by side pics are on my avatar.
    I am 5'2.75" ; Starting W: 170 ; Current W: 137.4 ; Goal W: 125 ; Ultimate Goal Weight: 119

Feel free to add me if you'd like. My diary is always open XD
    GOOD LUCK on your journey!!! :bigsmile:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    This app helped me. I get up, weigh myself, log weight, food and exercise for day. The weighing helps me stop from stuffing things into my mouth as I will have to "face the scale" in the morning. Just be aware that your weight can fluctuate 2-3 lbs even when doing everything right!! Not to worry as long as the trend is going down or if maintaining, staying +/- 1-2 lbs. Also, there is no absolute weight as every scale shows something different. Just stay with the same scale and watch the trend over a month.

Weight loss is not fast as weight gain is not fast. I can creep on and it can creep off. Just track it. If you put it in your mouth, log it. Amazing how the calories add up!!!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    welcome, I find it really good, lost 1.600kg in the last two weeks, 800gm this week and last week.

I love Quotes
    Everyday you have the choice to get closer to your goals or farther away from them. You have the choice. It's up to you and only you.

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Earl Nightingale :)

"broccoli gets stuck in your teeth, french fries get stuck on your *kitten*"

It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

I hope these help
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I could give you some tips but not necessarily easy ones takes a lot of discipline I lost 20lbs in one month
    Sw 203 03/20/2013 CW 183

Add me if you want
  • lailahmed
    lailahmed Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree with lovemitch totally , fast results are not way to go for u only put it back soon as its off... take your time, soon it will be natural as though healthy living is you and you will see the lbs off and forever!

My diary is open and I have lost 10lbs in just over a month when i joined mfp, feel free to add me:)
  • lavenderphoenix
    lavenderphoenix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go but I've had some success since I started on 1/1/13. I'm following the Mayo Clinic Diet and I lost 10 lbs during the initial phase. Feel free to add me if you want as well.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs since my 2nd baby, half of them whilst using MFP. I find it really helpful to log. Since being on here I've increased my calories and realised that I don't need to starve to lose weight. The support from everyone is fantastic too.

I also agree about fast results. It's taken me 22 months to lose what I have. I've lost a lot of inches though, so don't always focus on what the scale says. If you lose weight slowly you're more likely to keep it off.
  • mikkie1040
    mikkie1040 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Quick weight loss won't be permanent weight loss. Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Set a reasonable goal (about 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. a week) and stick to your calorie intake and you will see results. I have cheat days (about once a week) and just amp up my exercise to burn it off. I've lost 24 pounds since Jan. 7th, 2013. I've got a long way to go, but I'm making progress and feeling better and you will too. If you try to lose too much too soon, it will backfire. Be patient and do it the right way.:happy: Also, there are so many ways to incorporate favorite foods into your new lifestyle (I don't like to say dieting. This is a lifestyle change for me, not a diet) I'll allow myself one cup of no sugar added ice cream for dessert (and yes, I measure out a cup - serving sizes are very important) Low fat pretzels instead of chips, sugar free jelly, Unsweetened Almond Milk (healthy and much less calories than milk) Whole wheat pasta sometimes instead of reg. pasta, 40 calorie per slice bread, etc. And then my exercise is a mixed melody of taking dogs for walks, mowing the yard, bowling, aerobics. Good luck with your journey
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I could give you some tips but not necessarily easy ones takes a lot of discipline I lost 20lbs in one month
    Sw 203 03/20/2013 CW 183

Add me if you want

Whatever you do, please don't follow any "tips" given by Delovelybella! She posted what she did the other day and it's not healthy or enough calories. You can do it without going to such extremes and will be happier and healthier in the process.
  • amyosullivan124
    amyosullivan124 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haven't really tried other diets such as Weight Watchers but MFP coupled with purchasing scales has resulted in nearly a stone loss since January which has been pretty hard as I know I'm not massively overweight so will take a while to come off.

I track my calories but tend to eat what I want at weekends - I don't even drink tea in the week. That way, when I really crave chocolate or biscuits, I know I only have a few days and by that point the craving has gone!

You can lose weight theoretically as fast as you want (within reason). If I didn't have cheat days at weekends and did more exercise then I imagine I would probably be closer to 2 stone but hey ho, life's too short and I don't want to give up nice food completely just a healthier lifestyle!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    My diet is a life style and I know I don't eat enough probably to the eye of most but I break it up through the day and never feel hungry I have major food allergies so I'm strictly limited to what I can eat. It sucks:(
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Patience and a shot of discipline.
  • StephOsmond12
    Options
    Thanks for that!
    I will keep that in mind, yes I will be tracking my weight loss with my wii fit board so going to keep to the same scales :).
  • StephOsmond12
    Options
    Thank you for the quotes, I really hope I keep to it this time. Hoping the app is going to help loads!
  • StephOsmond12
    Options
    That's what I tended to do, I thought eating nothing and skipping meals would make me lose the weight, it was fast results EVERYTIME I've done it but I soon go back to my old ways of takeaways and chocolate!
  • StephOsmond12
    Options
    Thank you!
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi ive lost 81lb since January, add me if you like :)
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a little over a week and I love it. Like someone said earlier, it's amazing how calories can add up! You are held accountable through your food diary and given so much love and support from your MFP friends. I am also trying to lose my baby weight so I know how hard it is to find the time and/or energy to exercise and eat healthy all the time. Please feel free to add me :)