Cheat Snacks Everyday to Avoid Binging

Options
i was wondering if it would be alright to have one cheat snack everyday as long as I still remain under my calorie limit (i.e. cookies, candy, chocolate,, and all that other yummy junk food) to avoid fixating and binging on them on later days? My problem is that I have a sweet tooth so I love eating all those sugray and fattening stuff, but since I'm trying to maintain and lose weight ( I do Muay Thai so I have to be careful about my weight for my weight division) . Normally I have no problem with this, but I've recently noticed that whenever I realize I've gone over my calorie limit for the day, I go on an all out binge on all those sweets to the point where i'm so full I'm gonna be sick. I think a big part of this is because I'm cravingg them from restricting too much. So I was wondering if it would be okay for my diet and goals for me to have a cheat snack everyday just so that I can avoid those binges in the future and satisfy my cravings so they din't get out of control?

Replies

• CherylAnne1988
    Options
    i would say absolutlely. Another option, is get some of the 100 cal snacks. they have cookies and such that will keep you under. i noticed the other day 1 subway cookie has 220 cals...thats a LOT
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yes, just make sure it fits your calorie and macro goal for the day.

What kind of foods are you craving in particular?

There may be some lower cal healthier versions that still satisfy your sweet tooth. There's lots of great recipes on here!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    do some research into IIFYM (if it fits your macros)

to me it depends what you call a 'cheat'?

i have a fairly sweet tooth, and most mornings i have porridge with chocolate drops and chopped nuts for breakfast. some people would say that i shouldnt eat chocolate every day, i say that 10g of chcoolate drops are delicious in my porridge and fit in my macros.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It isn't a cheat if it fits your calories. These changes need to be sustainable, you'll go nuts and off track of you deny yourself treats and things you love. I make room for good chocolate, cookies, ice cream, potato chips, baked goods... Learning to eat a little bit of a treat is one of the steps I'm taking to make this a life change and not just another self defeating temporary 'diet'.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think as long as it doesn't become something you need constantly and it may feel like that now but than can be the mindset when you start to diet/change your lifestyle, i know when i started here i had the 'cut the junk' mindset and found myself binging on m&ms and what not on a saturday which i would take as an off day, i think you are much better off to spread this during the week and remember as many have said to me on here it is a lifestyle change so these are foods that you should be able to enjoy healthy and not let it influence your weight loss, fit it into your macros and eat healthy where poss and you will be fine :)...guess it is all about finding that balance in the end, eat healthy have a few fruit snacks and then that chocolate bar will be deserving, thats the way i find it anyway i'll happily eat my fruit but if i feel like chocolate now i will have one bar and it will be enough, best of luck with your weight loss...it takes time but youll get there! :D
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    every now and then I feel like choc, so i choose 2 peices of dark choc which doesnt eat up too many cals

the other day my lovely husband bought home one of these 200 ml (sm) bottles of wine for me, I didn;t have any cal left so I jumped on the treadmill and burnt them off
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I love this Quote

if you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. you may have a fresh start any moment, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down'

basically if you bing don't wait until tommorrow to get back on track, re-start straight away, remember" "Take charge. Write your own story." "Everyday you have the choice to get closer to your goals or farther away from them. You have the choice. It's up to you and only you."
  • rmtuesley
    rmtuesley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't call it a "cheat". That implies I am doing something wrong. If it fits within my calorie goals, then I am still working my plan correctly to get where I want to be. I have some type of "not so nutritious" food every single day. So what! I log every single bite and enjoy it. It starts to become "cheating" if you don't log those snacks and then wonder why you aren't losing weight :)
  • lirpamc
    lirpamc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For me I have a lot a weight to lose so my first priority is to lose weight. I watch my calories, exercise and choose more fruits and veggies. I'm making slow changes to my lifestyle so if that means I have a cookie everyday and it fits into my calorie goal, I'm going for it. I know for me if I take something totally out of my diet, while watching calories and starting an exercise program I'll get overwhelmed and fail. Just keep your goals in mind and stay within your calories, and you'll be great! All of us are on the same journey just taking different roads so do what's best FOR YOU! Good luck!
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same as you, and i indulge every day so long as i keep within my daily calorie intake. And i'm still losing weight, so it can be done! Although when i say 'indulge' i mean a chocolate bar or a slice of cake at the most, don't go crazy as there are a lot of empty calories there!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am just going to throw this out there.....from my own experience as a binger eating small treats more often makes the urge to binge worse. I found a bigger indulgence once or twice a week satisfies me and I am done. Like two Dove candy bars I work into my calorie allotment. I know you did not ask this, but am throwing this out in case you find it hard to only eat a little bit. There was a time I didn't think I could get through a day without a treat. Completely disregard this if a little treat every day works for you. I have spent two years working on my disordered eating so feel really strong about it and want to help anybody I can!