Need an idea for dinner

Options
mrslantu2020
mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
Okay, so I just went through my cupboards/refrigerator and I have the following:

Hamburger
carrots
rice
corn
peas
green beans
diced tomatoes

Anyone have any suggestions for what I can make with these ingredients?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    meatloaf with the veggies shredded and mixed in! Or a hot dish... if ya have a soup or light sour cream, and you can mix it in and bake it for awhile.

Or mini meatloaf with just the beef (make in muffin pan) and then mixed veggies...
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    meatloaf sounds good - what about some sort of taco salad? or perhaps you can make a taco meatball soup with all the veggies and meatballs with taco seasoning in a tomato broth? i dunno :P
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could could cook the rice and hamburger and.... Mix in everything else in a big skillet. Lol. A rice dish? I have no clue, but whoever said meatloaf is a genius. :)
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I would cook the hamburger, then mix in the tomatoes. Serve it over the rice, veggies as a side.
  • stonebreaker0417
    Options
    we sometimes have that..we just use a little soy sauce and make a "chinese" meal out of it. or OR go out and get some peppers and make stuffed peppers!!
  • summersk
    summersk Posts: 59
    Options
    I sometimes make a dish I call tomatoes, hamburger, and peas. Basically you brown the hamburger throw in the can of diced tomatoes, drain the peas and add them as well. Then let that simmer together while the rice cooks and Viola you have a no hassle, calorie friendly dinner! Though I prefer mine over mashed potatoes, I have had it with rice as well. As for the remaining veggies; mixed veggies on the side, or you can through them in to and see how that tastes. That's how I come up with some of my best, while some what bizarre, recipes! :happy:

856238.png[/url]
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Can you swing by a store and grab a head of cabbage? If so, you have the makings of a nice cabbage roll! Rice, hamburger, carrot peels, and diced tomatoes would be might tasty in a nice baked cabbage roll.
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There are several websites that you can type in what you have in your pantry then it will give you suggestions as to what you can make with those ingredients. One is allrecipes.com and I think Kraft, Betty Crocker, and Pillsbury have the same feature. Check it out!
  • talula08
    talula08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would either make meatloaf with veggies or make chilli with the meat and tomatoes served over the rice
  • mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! What great ideas!