Facebook Or MFP

Options
CarlGleave
CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
Hi peeps just wanted to know if you have done the same as me i have completely binned facebook since joining MFP,

well apart from adding you guys and gals from here to my friends list on facebook.

i honestly believe this site is so much better only thing missing is a chat and a few games

maybe we could recommend they add a chat and a few games ?

let me know what you think anyway (yes i know this is so random lol)

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    i still use facebook, i have it set up thought that my weigh in work outs and stuff like that auto post to FB cause not all of my friends/family are on this site. less than half actually- MUCH LESS. I do use this more....cause FB is blocked from work computers and this isn't sooooo......
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I never had FB...I refused to fall into the hype! LOL...I have MFP and twitter for instantaneous motivation via phone text tweets! I LOVE MFP!
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    I also have completely ignored FB. I get on once in a while, but I am more interested in what's going on here on MFP. It is so supportive and helpful with great people to talk to and support me!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I have both, but spend more time here
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have both, but spend more time here

Me too neither! :)

My FB is pretty much diet-free, just a place for my goofball friends and me to smart off.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I tend to use Facebook to chat about general life things but MFP to talk about my food and fitness (I think the most of the people of my Facebook wouldn't be interested in the slightest about my calorie intake or exercise obsession lol). But since my life revolves around my food and fitness I do spend more time on here!
    -x-x-
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I tend to use Facebook to chat about general life things but MFP to talk about my food and fitness (I think the most of the people of my Facebook wouldn't be interested in the slightest about my calorie intake or exercise obsession lol). But since my life revolves around my food and fitness I do spend more time on here!
    -x-x-

yeah pretty much me too
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    -x-x-

yeah pretty much me too

Me three!
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    I have to have both :) YOu guys here are awesome and i need MFP however, fb has most my family and friends that i won't allow into this part of my life.
    So i do both :)
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I still check fb occasionally but I am glued to MFP these days. :)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I am certainly hooked to MFP....but use facebook to keep up the lives of friends and family (and to play a little poker now and again!) I love MFP...and can't stop telling everyone about it! hahaha! :laugh:
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    -x-x-

yeah pretty much me too

Me three!

Me four!

When I post things about health, fitness, food activism like healthy school lunches or the food manufacturers, I get constant debate and complaints. But its what I do and if I have to hear about fights with bf/gfs or drunken stupid nights out, they can deal with my passion. However, I do not discuss my weight loss with anyone but on here. They don't get it, they all diet and starve themselves, and they all bought P90X and quit one week. I find them annoying at times, lol. Yet they criticize me for taking pride in my health ???? Hmmm, thats why I :heart: my MFP peeps! Y'all get it.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    -x-x-

yeah pretty much me too

Me three!

Me four!

When I post things about health, fitness, food activism like healthy school lunches or the food manufacturers, I get constant debate and complaints. But its what I do and if I have to hear about fights with bf/gfs or drunken stupid nights out, they can deal with my passion. However, I do not discuss my weight loss with anyone but on here. They don't get it, they all diet and starve themselves, and they all bought P90X and quit one week. I find them annoying at times, lol. Yet they criticize me for taking pride in my health ???? Hmmm, thats why I :heart: my MFP peeps! Y'all get it.

Me five!
  • losingnow
    losingnow Posts: 82
    Options
    I use both. I use this site for my weight loss and fb for my family and friends that could care less about my weight loss. That is why I have made so many friends here cause they care and can support me in this! i think there is a place for both but that is just me.
  • beutiful5678
    beutiful5678 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i too have bagged facebook. it's just not fun anymore - i guess that's what happens when you spend wayyyyy too much time there. :smile: most of my family and friends are there but there are so many other ways to communicate that i don't miss it in the slightest. (although i do resurface on facebook once in awhile - facebook doesn't allow you to permanently delete your profile so when you reactivate it, it has all of the same information - to look at photos someone has mentioned that they've posted and other stuff like that.)

anyway, mfp rocks! and i love that everyone here is so supportive.