Gadget Freak losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump is so people can find the thread later :)

I use a fitbit, and reward websites Earndit and Everymove
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use the withings wifi scale which automatically sends my weight to both MFP and beeminder. I also use beeminder for tracking my other fitness goals. In the summer I use strava to track my longer (20+ mile) bike rides, but if I'm just biking short distances I usually don't bother.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    The combination of fitbit and MFP and the fact that they are linked as been a win win for me and I have had nothing but success tied with P90X.
  • katie__pillar
    Options
    If/when you want to start running Zombies, Run! is really fun, and they have a couch to 5k version too. It really keeps me going because you get to do missions and the characters talk to you intermittently, rather than it just being just you plodding along under your own steam.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use the apps Runkeeper [free] and Zombies, Run [small cost] in conjunction with each other.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I used to use a BodyMedia Fit armband to make sure I was eating enough. It's pretty accurate and it gives you a good pattern of when and how much you are burning. Truthfully, until I got the armband, I was always undereating. It taught me that I could eat upwards of 2,700 a day and still be at maintenace. Every calculator I used said the most I could burn in a day was 2,100 calories.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Techie here.

I use a Fitbit for tracking steps. I find it quite motivational and will go for a walk just to get a few steps ahead of my friends on it. I have the Fitbit Aria scale as well.

For exercise tracking I use a Zephyr HxM HRM monitor connected to Endomondo on my phone. I have also used Runtastic. I found that both are quite good and I mainly use Endomondo because I like the UI better.
  • mbelle97
    mbelle97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT4 HRM. I also use Gympact (they pay you for working out, you pay them if you miss it).
    I also use Map my Walk, Runkeeper and of course MFP.
  • HoneyPie99
    Options
    Fitbit one is great and it can be linked to MFP!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My food scale! You will amaze yourself at what actually is a "portion" :ohwell:
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love the apps. "My Tracks" for mapping my walks and you can put pins of interest on it as you go or challenge the kids to follow it afterwards and go with them for a double exercise. I also use the pedometer "StepCount" I turn it on in the morning when I get dressed and keep it in my pocket all day. It took me a little to get it calibrated right but then it works great and it counts burned calories. They are both free.
  • AbnormalYak
    AbnormalYak Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    "People put the word "Bump" in a thread so they can save it and read it later."

Doh! Thanks for explaining. I've got apps on the brain.